Alpha Gal Allergy

Options
AprilShore
AprilShore Posts: 35 Member
Hi! I was wondering if anyone else on here has the alpha gal allergy from a tick bite. I was diagnosed in November. I cannot eat mammal meat or dairy. The consequences are life threatening for me. I also have tree nut allergies. I am having an issue with diet and recipes. Right now I am juicing so it isn't a huge issue but I need some new recipes! Any poultry/seafood recipes that are your favorite? I can try to cut out dairy of recipes to modify them. Thanks!

Replies

• GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I don't have any experience with Alpha-Gal, but I do understand your suffering as my husband is allergic to peas, beans, tree nuts, peanuts, legumes, and has cross-reactive sensitivities to some fruits and vegetables including lettuce.

I have to say that my favorite protein source is salmon which is quick and easy. I mix garlic (or dried garlic flakes or powder), basil and salt and cover the salmon liberally and bake it at 350 until it flakes.

I am also eating a lot of Greek Salads which are very filling and provide a lot of healthy fats. You could leave out the Feta cheese.

Good luck!

• Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Love Tuna steak with lemon pepper