Human Growth Hormone questions

Options
Hi. Has anyone tried using human Growth Hormone for weight loss and muscle growth in addition to healthy diet and excercise? I dont think I would try it myself but Ive heard so much about it and would like to hear what the experience is like from other prople who have tried it. Does it work? And how much? What form of HGH did you use?

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Rather than consider illegal and dangerous drug regimens, why don't you put some effort into diet and exercise?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's dangerous and should be avoided.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Rather than consider illegal and dangerous drug regimens, why don't you put some effort into diet and exercise?

It is legal, and FDA approved to make people rich.

HGH is only FDA approved (via injection... which is the only way for it to actually work... pills and such have no effect) in adults, by prescription for Short bowel syndrome, pituitary tumors (rare), and for AIDS patients that have muscle wasting disease. It's not meant for weight loss, and any doctor that did prescribe for it for such, should have their license taken away. The side effects are no joke.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    looooooooooooooooooooooool
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    i think im actually done this post has topped it off for me
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I take HGH because I have pituitary failure/adult HGH deficiency and my body makes little-to-none on its own.

I am monitored incredibly carefully. The drug can kick you into diabetes, it speeds up growth of tumors, especially cancerous tumors--it's nothing to fool around with. There is no way that I would take it if I didn't need it to stay alive and be functional.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    OP, doing HGH isn't a good idea.

Why? You might ask, well... it makes you grow. Meaning you'll generally increase in mass, and size.

OP, cut your calories. Exercise. Wallah - weight loss.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    There are not multiple forms--the only way that you can get it into your body is by sub-Q injection.

If you are seeing HGH pills or creams, those are entirely bogus.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you sure you are talking about human growth hormone and not something else? Human growth hormone is a legal drug, used to treat certain very serious illnesses, not some fad drug used for weight loss. I have heard bodybuilders using it in hopes it will help with bulking, but I cannot imagine how it would help with weight loss. Maybe you mean hcg?
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    @Beast_Mode_Engaged I take great insult that those of us who have dedicated our careers to developing medicine are doing it solely to get rich. I got into this line of work because I wanted to actually do something to help people without having to, ya know, talk to them. That I make a comfortable living off of it is due to my dedication and years of experience. We all get paid to work, I can't afford to be charatible for 8hrs a day. Bravo if you can.

OP, HGH is a dangerous drug. It's necessary for some severe disorders but should not be taken lightly. The FDA's (that's the Food and Drug Administration in the U.S.) have this to say on it. Please note the second paragraph on the bottom where it mentions unapproved sham "medicines"

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_204.html
  • Selina_Kyle_60
    Selina_Kyle_60 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. thanks to those of you who offered informative responses and helped me to learn more about this. I do eat healthy and exercise 5-6 days a week and have lost 34 pounds. I am skeptical about anything other than diet and exercise when it comes to weight loss. I was just asking out of curiosity to those with personal experiecnce with it. I remember when the low carb atkins craze first happened a lot of people thought it was a scam and a fad at the time and now everyone says low carb is the way to go if you want to lose weight so you never know. I already said I would not try HGH and definitely without consulting a doctor first. To those who are not legitimately interested in having a helpful discussion with others who struggle with weight loss then don't comment.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. thanks to those of you who offered informative responses and helped me to learn more about this. I do eat healthy and exercise 5-6 days a week and have lost 34 pounds. I am skeptical about anything other than diet and exercise when it comes to weight loss. I was just asking out of curiosity to those with personal experiecnce with it. I remember when the low carb atkins craze first happened a lot of people thought it was a scam and a fad at the time and now everyone says low carb is the way to go if you want to lose weight so you never know. I already said I would not try HGH and definitely without consulting a doctor first. To those who are not legitimately interested in having a helpful discussion with others who struggle with weight loss then don't comment.

No we don't

Doesn't work for me at all ..can't stick to it so I ended up gaining more

It's how you achieve your CICO that matters

But HGH is not even up for consideration for weight loss..no doctor should allow it
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    HGH is a pretty bad idea for weight loss reasons.

Medically, legally, and even financially a bad decision.

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I really think the OP has confused HGH with hcg as another poster suggested.

Either way, just eat less calories, and work out. Learn a new way to live, a healthy way.
  • Ninkyou
    Options

Either way, just eat less calories, and work out. Learn a new way to live, a healthy way.
    Even if OP meant HCG, HCG is illegal in the US.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Still an incredibly bad idea. Don't mess with your pituitary hormones!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope !! Cico works, try it!