Seem to be struggling....

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
With my overall eating habits at the moment and stuck in a bit of a rut!

1) I seem to be more hungry since weight training plus I do bodypump and Insanity Classes so I find myself snacking in the afternoon on extra food i.e. Not my planned snacks

2) I cant seem to stick to my calories at the weekend! I'm drawn to the high calorie fatty foods and just want to eat crap!

I'm getting married in August and have already lost 25lb plus 10 inches so I know I "CAN" do this but at the moment I'm stuck in a rut!

Any help/support would be greatly appreciated!

I eat breakfast which is usually porridge/shredded wheat/weetabix. I make a smoothie for my mid morning snack,I then workout on my lunch and will have lunches like pasta/salads with meat or fish or eggs/bagela with ham and brie,quite healthy with a mixture of carbs and proteins,then I have a yogurt..anything from Shape Danone/Activia etc and its about an hour later that I feel hungry again..

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Heavy weight lifting will increase your hunger quite a bit. I have found it easier to eat more on weightlifting days. It has slowed my weight loss progress but I need to do that in order to feel comfortable.
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wonder if your calorie goal is too low now that you are lifting and attending classes. Insanity burns a lot!
  • nikkitlr
    nikkitlr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try adding a heavier breakfast with good fats. Half an avocado or add some grass fed butter or coconut oil in somewhere. It feels so counter productive but I feel so much more satiated when I have a healthy serving of fat in the morning.