Homemade Low Cal Drinks

Options
I wanna cut down on drinking low calorie fizzy drinks/Soda (getting bored of drinking them and they aren't great for your teeth either).
I'd like some ideas for making soft drinks at home.
I don't like Milk and not a fan of Fruit Smoothies (the texture).
What kind of drinks do you all make?

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like the sugar free Kool Aid squirt bottles. 0 calories, no dental damage, and some flavor other than plain water. Not homemade to be fair, but it's an option.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You can take any kind of fruit juice and make a spritzer with club soda - it's not super low calorie but it's refreshing. Flavored carbonated water was my "transition" from soda - it's 0 calories usually (I liked Karbrunn or La Croix)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    I like the sugar free Kool Aid squirt bottles. 0 calories, no dental damage, and some flavor other than plain water. Not homemade to be fair, but it's an option.

Not sure if they sell Kool Aid here in the UK,...but i'll keep an eye out for it.

• ExRelaySprinter
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    You can take any kind of fruit juice and make a spritzer with club soda - it's not super low calorie but it's refreshing. Flavored carbonated water was my "transition" from soda - it's 0 calories usually (I liked Karbrunn or La Croix)

Yes,that's a good idea.
    Didn't really think about using Club Soda to be honest, but kinda wanted to get away from the "fizz" though. ;)
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »

Yes,that's a good idea.
    Didn't really think about using Club Soda to be honest, but kinda wanted to get away from the "fizz" though. ;)

Ah :) for me, the "fizz" was what I wanted!
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Not sure if they sell Kool Aid here in the UK,...but i'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm Canadian so I'm not even sure if they sell them in the USA. The same products are also sold under the names Mio and Crystal Lite too, so maybe you'll find at least one of those.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    We love Crystal light! Peach tea is the favorite at our house but I know they have other good flavors, 0 calories and no fizz! They come in packets to add either to a bottle of water or to a pitcher of water.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of cold tea in summer. Mainly peppermint but also some green teas or fruit infusions. You can either just out the tea bags into cold water and leave them for ages or into hot water and drink it the next day. If you add splenda etc, it's pretty low-cal.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I love a regular black teabag with a little squirt of Sweet n Low sugar-free caramel syrup and a bit of sweetener. It's amazing both hot and cold! :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Iced tea.
  • CX24
    CX24 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like diet tonic water with lime & ice. It's a gin & tonic without the gin. Refreshing!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink soda water with a squirt of lime or lemon juice. I like the fizzy and a really small amount of juice gives it nice flavour.
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    lemon and mint in soda water :) refreshing
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I sometimes infuse fruit with my water. It isn't necessarily going to give a pop like flavour though.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Robinson's no sugar added squash. Tastes just like juice and a big glass is about 11 calories.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

These can dye your teeth though, and he careful if sensitive to red dye 40.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks Guys, some good ideas there.
    Will have to try some of these out!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I sometime have fizzy water (AKA sparkling / soda) and to jazz it up I add lemon or lime (sliced and/or squeezed) or (my fave) a handful of frozen mixed berries. They turn the water pink and gradually defrost so you can eat them at the end! (Don't forget to log them!)

I saw someone on instagram using fresh rosemary in water. I've got loads in the garden so might give that a go.

More often than not I'll have diet tonic water and pretend it's a gin and tonic. I have a small tumbler about 3 inches high and sip it rather than gulping down a pint of pop.

My most frequent drink though is tea with milk no sugar. And I have tap water before meals and exercise.