Replies

• otey743
    otey743 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal not a cheat day .
  • kiekomakino890
    kiekomakino890 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me, I diet on weekdays, and the weekends are off, because people generally lose weight during weekdays and gain some on weekends. As long as the overall trend goes down, you're good. I tend to eat really unhealthy on Friday and Saturday (cheat days) and healthier on Sunday but as much of whatever as I want, and junk food as long as it's a reasonable amount.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't have planned cheat days but I try to be as relaxed as possible about just letting life go ahead as normal. Sometimes, all I want is to order a pizza and a can of coke so I do that. Other times, my mother randomly makes dessert or a friend wants me to join her for lunch somewhere. I try not to stress.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No I don't cheat. I hate the whole idea of cheating. Mother's day was delicious. I had a light breakfast. Got in my regular training. Then went to a nice restaurant for a delicious 3 course meal with a huge side of bacon. Had a light snack in the evening. Sodium was obviously way over for the day, but otherwise stayed where I wanted to be calorie wise. Its all about planning.
  • sdbland87
    sdbland87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't do a cheat day just a cheat meal and I cover for it earlier in the day. Stay below your calorie goal and have will power to say no if you go past your calorie goal.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I make "cheat" meals work into my weekly goals. i have pizza every friday night with my kids, i usually have 3 or 4 pieces. i just make sure to eat a little less throughout that day and to go to the gym before. i have steadly lost 1 pound a week
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't believe in "cheat days" as I am not on a "diet" ! Took me a while to understand losing weight and keeping it off was more a matter of lifestyle than being on a "diet". Counting calories allows me to keep an eye on CICO and if I fancy a burger & fries, I have a burger & fries, no food groups/type of foods restriction, just portion control/moderation :smile:
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You have to do what works for you. I personally allow myself a cheat meal at least once a week or I'll end up quitting. I'm not a person who likes chicken and fresh veggies all the time lol so it works for me. And if I go out to eat on for a special occasion, I order a lighter calorie meal from the menu. My eating habits have changed tremendously since I started my diet and workout program but I allow myself a little "cheat" here and there and I still feel good about what I'm eating because I portion small!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Everyone should read this, it has helped me change my thinking about food and "cheating" on my diet:

http://thecouponproject.com/losing-weight-on-a-budget-why-i-dont-do-cheat-days-and-what-i-do-instead/
  • palmirana
    palmirana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First, think a "cheat day" is way too much. A lot of people go overboard. Also, I don't like the term "cheat", as I believe all food can have a place in one's diet (when trying to maintain, obviously not when losing)... What I do, is I have one meal a week in which I eat something I enjoy... a BK menu, pizza, a lavish brunch, potato chips.. Whatever it is (though I avoid sweet stuff - and it is just ONE meal, after which I go back to business as usual).... Even though I typically go over my calorie when I have my free meal, it doesn't affect my weight loss.
  • Blazinthesky
    Blazinthesky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heres the key..Try a cheat meal one day a wk,...not a cheat day... get it? But on that meal, enjoy yourself to the fullest..literally..lol
  • Blazinthesky
    Blazinthesky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nvrmind didn't see the previous post..lol
  • RoxanneMosby
    RoxanneMosby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having a cheat is okay. I actually do it once a week were I eat the food that I'm craving for. Forcing yourself not to eat what you crave will make you crave more food. So have a cheat day, most probably weekends where you eat what you want but do over indulge. Eating is can help you lose weight, as long as it's nutritious food.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I believe in data. I need to see where I am food/nutrition wise to meet my goals. I have a high day, and cut 100 calories each day during the week. Sometimes I'll even go over on my high day, but it's logged-accounted for. I may choose to even it out with a deficit over the next few days.