Carb cycling

I am wondering if anyone can explain carb cycling to me (the easy version lol)??
I have seen it mentioned before on fitness sites etc.. And always wondered what it was.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Here's a good break down by Chris Powell. Great diet to follow might I add. The low carb days you will feel sluggish but if you follow it on point, you will make great progress.

http://chrispowell.com/carb-cycling-101/
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I tried it last year. Basically you do some high carb days and some low carb days. I was doing 5 low carb and 2 high carb days a week. I think I had Tues and Sat as my high carb days. On low carb days I had maybe 60g or lower carbs.

It does work, but I found it affected my mood. It probably wasn't the best time to do it as my baby was only 4 months old and I was exhausted anyway.
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for replies I might give it a go to see how I get on, will have to write a proper list out and meal plan first though lol
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Chris powells book choose more lose more for life breaks it all down. How much to eat of what and when. There are four cycles to choose from. I do turbo. So it goes mon is lc, tues lc, wed hc, thu lc, fri lc, sat hc, sun free day. It is also calories cycling. So on lc its 12 to 1400 on hc 15 to 1600 and on free 2100.

basically like this on lc days you get 1 carb = 1/2 cup or 1 slice toast and 2 c veg 3 oz protein or1 cup then rest of day for 5 total meals is 1 fat (1 tbsp) 1 protein 2 veggies (2cups)

on high carb days is no fats, 1 carb , 1 protein, 2 veggies.

on free days is anything up to 2100 cal for day.

it is easy to follow. Eady to understand. And by far the simplest diet ive ever done! And no meed for cheats either
  • irvi0040
    irvi0040 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I am thinking of trying the Chris Powell method, book should arrive soon. But it seems like there is a lot of counting calories and macros, isnt that annoying???
  • GingerNoelle22
    GingerNoelle22 Posts: 3 Member
    I just started last week. No counting calories or macros. He pushes portions by using your hands to measure. Personally I still chose to use myfitnesspal to get through these first weeks so I can visually see how it adds up, but they swear you can just do it by eating 5 meals a day and eye balling it.