Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    The only no no food in my world is bleu cheese. Because I just really don't like it.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    stupid article. If I want that food, I will have it. Depriving yourself is the worst thing you could do.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The only no no foods for me are the ones I don't like the taste of. If I don't like the way it tastes, it's not worth the calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Meh. I like hot dogs and candy bars. Margarine and jello can go because gross.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Grilled tomatoes

I mean why would you do that to a poor defenceless tomato

It's just cruel
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Meh. In the past week I've had icing on a cupcake, boxed macaroni and cheese, frozen meals, and hot dogs.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    No-no articles: anything that says "never eat this to lose weight" or "foods dietitians tell you never to eat." A respectable dietitian will only tell you to "never" eat something if you are allergic to it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Eh. I don't tend to eat those foods because they're not worth the calories to me (except 'processed meats' when I crave some), but if people like them... whatever really.
  • arditarose
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Meh. In the past week I've had icing on a cupcake, boxed macaroni and cheese, frozen meals, and hot dogs.

Nice week. I might get into some mac and cheese this week now that you mention it and I've been considering buy icing just to eat.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    The only no-no foods for me are ones I hate...or ones I don't enjoy enough to justify the amount of calories. Sometimes I chose not to eat a food if it's weak on the macros... (I.e. not enough fiber or protein) but in general...I eat what I want. I don't pay attention to lists like this.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Well I agree with margarine being a no-no ....nobody should eat that unless they committed heinous crimes and it was part of their sentence.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    While I don't think you should avoid them completely, moderation is certainly called for. During the period when I was gaining weight, I ate a lot of those foods (except the grits). On a weekend, I would buy a package of four Danishes and eat the whole thing before lunch. Or I would buy a package of Little Debbie snack cakes, and the whole thing would be gone before Monday morning. A family size bag of chips would be three meals. A candy bar would be an afternoon snack at work. Had I limited myself to the occasional snack from that list, it would've been fine, but it was several servings each week and that led to weight gain.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think this list is funny because my dietician said sure have those things but make sure you eat a balanced diet you don't have to cut anything out of your life. I guess my dietician must be a fluke.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I usually hate sweets (just never been a sweets person) but sugary cereals are my go to meal if I accidentally have left over calories.... I'm losing weight and I feel good so I'll still eat them....
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I agree with most frozen meals, but that's only because I can make myself something a lot tastier than a sad Lean Cuisine.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Nice week. I might get into some mac and cheese this week now that you mention it and I've been considering buy icing just to eat.

I figured "okay, last day of my diet break, I can has the whole thing?" And it was delicious.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I figured "okay, last day of my diet break, I can has the whole thing?" And it was delicious.

Yes! And yay for diet breaks. I just went into maintenance and I'm like...wow, rice. Cheesy rice every night.
  • SlimSlow01
    SlimSlow01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    I think this list is funny because my dietician said sure have those things but make sure you eat a balanced diet you don't have to cut anything out of your life. I guess my dietician must be a fluke.

Same here. My dietitian told me that I can have anything in moderation as long as my diet is balanced and I don't go over my calories. She did ask me to try a few modifications to dishes I normally eat to make them a little healthier, but she doesn't pressure me to stick with the healthier version. If I like it then I use it, if not then I stick with what I usually make. A good dietitian will work with you and come up with a plan that works for you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my only no foods are ones I'm allergic to. lol