One year anniversary on MFP/Weight loss journey - 88lbs lost

Options
4ever420
4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
Today marks my one year anniversary of joining MFP and beginning my weight loss journey. On this day last year I had seen some people mention MFP on Facebook and I thought I'd check it out, not realising my life was about to change drastically. I knew I had to lose weight but didn't have a plan as to how or when I would do that. So I created an account and entered what I had eaten that day (just to see how it worked) and low and behold I was just under the calories it had set for me so I thought maybe I'll stop eating for the day. The next day I figured I'd do it again and just kept going from there.

So here we are exactly one year later and 88 lbs lighter. I started at 294 lbs and am at 206 right now. I've been overweight my whole life and have never lost this much weight before and never have stuck with it so long. My life has changed so much and so have I. I've done WW before with a little bit of success but it never "clicked" for me the way MFP does. Looking at how many calories/fat grams/ carbs I have left for the day really just makes sense to me.

At the beginning of May I started C25K and just did W6D3 today which is running for 22min straight, I have never done that in my whole life and I definitely would not have been able to run even close to that on this day last year. It still is pretty surreal that I can do that and it seemed fitting that I did it today.

So I have about 50 lbs more to go until my ultimate goal weight and I never really thought in a million years that I would get there but I really do believe that I will get there now. MFP is a wonderful tool and it truly has changed my life. :happy:

Sorry there's no pics but there's people I know in real life on here and I kind of don't want them to know it's me for privacy reasons. I enjoy my anonymity here.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!