Thinking of the Weight Loss Surgery?

Options
124»

Replies

• eapo2194
    eapo2194 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    i had the gastric bypass surgery in January, and I am so happy I did. :) I have lost over 85 pounds! i would encourage anyone who is thinking about it.

Beth
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I know so many people who had the surgery, and many of them have intestinal issues, chronic vitamin deficiencies and/or chronic abdominal pain. 50-100 lbs is not a lot of weight to lose, and I personally don't think any physician should operate on someone who just want to lose that much weight. Anyone, and we've seen many stories on MFP of men and women losing that much weight by going to the gym, can lose weight with proper diet and exercise. It's not rocket science.

This is how i feel about it as well. I think its a really useful tool for people who have hundreds of pounds to lose but 50 lbs? Really? Just my opinion though, i respect anyone who is trying to get healthy even if its not what i would have chosen.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!