Soooo sleepy after working out. Help?

Options
So I 'm supposed to do this tri sprint at the end of July - 750M swim, 20K bike, 5K run.
And this weekend I just started doing a full two pieces of the event as practice, so, this morning I did a 750m swim and 20K bike. I did a 350M swim, 20K bike, and 3K run yesterday.
And both days I was BEAT.
Today, I came home from that, ate, took a nap. Went to Mothers Day Festivities, came home, napped again, and now I'm about to go to bed.
I can't be taking two naps a day on the weekends ON TOP of a workout!! That's way too much time.
Am I doing something wrong? Should I do something differently?

PS - the other days of the week, I do a workout class in the morning, Mon, Tues, Wed, with Thurs as my rest day. The workout class is an hour long.

Replies

• Saryia
    Saryia Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think that's normal. And my pups are always tired after a workout (I usually bring them with on bike rides/hikes)...I wouldn't worry about it. If your body needs rest, you should rest.
  • msashly72
    msashly72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough to eat. One of the biggest mistakes made in "dieting" is not feeding ourselves enough especially when we work out hard. I do not know what your diet is like, but make sure you eat breakfast, and small meals every two to three hours - hopefully that will help.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I can't be taking two naps a day on the weekends.

Why not? Naps are on of the best things in life.

• AmyCKay
    AmyCKay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar drop?
    Make sure you get enough food - especially plenty of protein :)
    When I don't, I feel drained after workouts, kind of like a sugar crash feeling.
    Or maybe your body was just really tired and you needed sleep