Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let's see how many low carb chicken dishes you come up with?

2»

Replies

• Lovelyladydawn
    Lovelyladydawn Posts: 41 Member
    seasoned chicken breast stuffed w fresh steamed spinach and fresh mozzarella!
    ea7d29d3-faaf-4aad-8715-b281dd35d06c_zpsa18b2569.jpg

OMG!! This looks yummy!!! I'm going to go for it..
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chicken_recipes.html

I've made quite a few from here. I generally agree with her reviews about them, which are posted below the recipes.
  • Lovelyladydawn
    So I am one of the few who can not eat seafood. I just do not like it, I'm usually stuck cooking the same boring chicken/veggie dish so can you share different chicken recipes or ideas so I can try them out... :) Thanks FP

Why are you limiting yourself to only chicken and vegetables?

What about pork, beef, lamb, goat, deer, bison, etc?????

I'm such a picky eater!! I have never tried lamb, goat or deer. I'm a beef/chicken type of girl I guess..lol I dont do too much beef so the majority of the time its veggies and chicken...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Chicken and mushrrom in garlic white wine sauce

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/chicken-and-mushrooms-in-garlic-white.html

Chicken lasagne/moussaka (replace the pasta with slices of roasted zucchini, eggplant, sweet potato, pumpkin etc)

Chiken and veggie soup
  • gmallan
    So I am one of the few who can not eat seafood. I just do not like it, I'm usually stuck cooking the same boring chicken/veggie dish so can you share different chicken recipes or ideas so I can try them out... :) Thanks FP

Why are you limiting yourself to only chicken and vegetables?

What about pork, beef, lamb, goat, deer, bison, etc?????

I'm such a picky eater!! I have never tried lamb, goat or deer. I'm a beef/chicken type of girl I guess..lol I dont do too much beef so the majority of the time its veggies and chicken...

I'm a picky eater too, I basically don't eat red meat and seafood gets expensive so it's chicken alot for me. Do you also eat a lot of eggs and lentils because they can be a great choice too. I find it's good/cheap to go veggo a couple nights a week
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Cauliflower bake...my own invention....cook chicken until tender, boil, bake, crock pot whatever floats your boat. Steam cauliflower until ready. Make sure you drain excess liquid out of all ingredients. Shred chicken, mix with two cans black beans/red beans, small jar of salsa. Layer cauliflower in glass dish, 8 x13 , then put chicken, beans, salsa mix on top. Cover with 2 cups cheese. Bake at 400 uncovered for 20 minutes.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    bump
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Chicken stir-fried with black beans, garlic, tomatoes (add at the end), mushrooms, edamame, low-sodium soy sauce, ginger slivers, kale, and white pepper. TESTIFY.

ETA: Sorry, I just realized -- yeah, the black beans are high-carb; use them sparingly and/or sub for MOAR EDAMAME.
  • gmallan
    Rice paper rolls with chicken mince and shredded veggies (carrot, cabbage, bean sprouts etc.). Add in chilli, garlic, lime etc when you cook the mince.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Recipes contain some carbs but are just some examples of a couple of the ways I make my chicken to keep it interesting
    Almond chicken
    2 breasts sprinkled with salt, pepper and cayenne
    1/4 cup of unsalted almonds
    4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    Garlic clove

Roast the almonds in oven at 350for 12-15 mins
    Toss almonds garlic and oil in the blender
    Smash paste on top of breast and bake at 425 for 20-30 mins
    Time really depends on thickness

Not carb free but easy and low in carbs and served up with veggies it's a nice sub for the usual chicken and veggies
    Which I eat daily too cause I hate fish.

Red chilli chicken
    2-3 lbs chicken breast cut into bite size chunks seasoned with salt and pepper
    1-2 tbsp new Mexico chili powder or any to your liking and depends on how spicy u want it
    One onion chopped
    3/4 can of tomato sauce (I sometimes add 1/2 or all just depends on my mood)
    1/2 cup of water

Sauté chicken and onion in a tsp of coconut oil
    When it starts to brown and cook through add the chili powder,tomato sauce and water
    Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 mins until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened
    You can add garlic too
    Again some carbs but this usually serves 4 so not many and I like to serve it with beans
  • Lovelyladydawn
    Thanks everyone, got some really good ideas!! :-)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Eggplant (no bread) bruschetta. Slice eggplant. Brush with oil. grill until tender. top with trader joes bruschetta (Sam's club has a good one too) topping, and fresh mozzarella. Grill for about a minute more to melt the cheese. YUM!
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Incredible!!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    oops, i guess i missed the chicken part... haha
    Eggplant (no bread) bruschetta. Slice eggplant. Brush with oil. grill until tender. top with trader joes bruschetta (Sam's club has a good one too) topping, and fresh mozzarella. Grill for about a minute more to melt the cheese. YUM!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Chicken Salad - Roast chicken (I usually just roast chicken breast and dice it) and then add it to baby spinach, avocado, semi dried tomatos, baby spinach, feta cheese. I usually have it like that but you could also add different nuts or seeds to it :)
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    bump for later