One month in..

Options
MissusSpags
MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
I joined MFP a month ago. During that time, I've completely overhauled my life. I have started eating better, drinking at least 100oz. of water per day, logging my meals and taking 2 mile walks/hikes each day...4 miles on the weekend days. My husband bought me a Fitbit Charge for a joint Mother's Day/birthday gift and I'm becoming slightly obsessed with pushing myself to walk longer/faster/stronger.

I've struggled with my weight since my youngest child was born 12 years ago. After I had him, I was 120. Then, I started to gain weight..never losing..just gaining. The final straw came on Easter this year. My daughter had taken a picture of me sitting on my sister's couch and I was horrified at how I looked. 209 pounds and miserable as heck.

Fast forward to today. I had planned on not weighing in after May 4 to have a "No Weigh May" but I caved. And I'm kind of glad I did.

Since April 11th, I have lost 10.2 pounds. Just this past week alone, I lost 4.2. I'm so excited to keep this going and to see where I end up. I know there will be setbacks and plateaus but for the first time in my life, I'm okay with that.

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, well done, keep it up!
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!!
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh u cheated lol kidding. Congrats :)
    i still don't know what i weight yet but last time i checked it was 146 but i was on my period end of april so not sure what now.
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    I know, I know...lol. I've decided to make it a Monday May instead of No Weigh May. ;) I totally caved.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!
  • Ciler_80
    Options
    oh sweetheart ur good i understand. if i had scale i probably done the same thing lol good thing i don't have one hehehe
    I know, I know...lol. I've decided to make it a Monday May instead of No Weigh May. ;) I totally caved.
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    I'm just looking forward to the next time I have to go to the doctor's and stepping on their scale. My doctor has been after me for YEARS to lose weight and now I can say, "Chill out, I'm a work in progress!". ;)
  • Ciler_80
    Options
    well i can't wait to read ur success story and pic of before and after. and good luck with ur DR. i hope its nothing serious.
  • insaneturtle25
    insaneturtle25 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Excellent, just keep up the good work and stay motivated ! :)
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    Just a check in with my meds...high blood pressure..lol. Hoping once I lose the weight, I won't need them anymore!!
  • Ciler_80
    Options
    oh i hope u won't be needing any of that soon but only check up once year. :) keep doing what u doing its working so far right.
    am hoping i'll lose something this month too lol wish me luck :)

Just a check in with my meds...high blood pressure..lol. Hoping once I lose the weight, I won't need them anymore!!

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!!!
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    way to go, well done on your progress so far
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just remember its marathon not a sprint. create habits, not diets. Its a lifestyle change and make it sustainable.

awesome job so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!