HELP WITH WEIGHT GAIN AND 30 DAY SHRED

Options
I have been doing 30 shred for past 10 days. I love how I feel afterwards. The problem is I am bigger, I weighed 165 when I started. Ten days later I weigh 167 I do not want to go back up any given my current weight. I am to scared to continue even if it's muscle. I'm thinking about just doing it when I drop a lot more weight and am ready to tone. Is this normal to gain weight?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You eat way below 1200 calories a day (800 to 1100) and do not eat back your exercise calories... There is no way that you gained 2 pounds of fat doing this and the workout.

Your weight is water fluctuations. UNLESS the food entries in your diary are not actual weighed and measured foods and you could have eaten more than you thought.

IMO and my experience, adding exercise causes the body to retain more water.. Make sure you stay hydrated every day and especially on exercise day. Make sure you keep this balanced with drinking water, watching sodium and potassium levels. and also the time on the month is to be factored in here too..

The MFP community is going to post here and tell you to up your calories no matter what you do (to the 1200) and ask you if your deficit is setup to be too aggressive. You are eating well below the MFP designed deficit it set up for you. And also eat back your exercise (I do not eat back my exercise calories personally)..