Do I have to run?

Options
13»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @bluepenguin1 if you are limited in your choices of PT, you can do what I do and ignore any advice from the PT that does not fit your goals. Your body, your life.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    What he said is correct.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't know what his clients objectives are. If it was just about calorie consumption then yes running is quicker, if it's about improving fitness, then there are a number of different activities that might do the trick. It needn't be running.

All it means is more miles available for the rest of us :)

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I don't want to give up training and go back to nothing while I find someone else as I am worried about progress but I'm worried the PT is having a negative impact (for example he makes disapparging comments about the fat on my stomach and me eating chocolate dispite knowing I've had an eating disorder in the past).

[/quote]

Your PT sounds like a douche. I would be looking for another one or .... join a club (Tennis, Zumba, crossfit which I love) - anything that makes you happy.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    but I'm worried the PT is having a negative impact (for example he makes disapparging comments about the fat on my stomach and me eating chocolate dispite knowing I've had an eating disorder in the past).

That is really disgusting! Imagine if your daughter was seeing someone like this. I'd be in there and giving him a slap on the back of the head! :rage:

Having said that, I am wondering where you're storing fat at 176 and 58kgs....

• writeliving
    writeliving Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do any particular exercise. All that is important is for you to get cardio and strength training. I agree that your PT sounds like a jerk. He may think he's motivating you, but positive reinforcement works better for most people than negative. Personally, I prefer to be encouraged rather than discouraged!