Please could I have some advice please

Options
2»

Replies

• clarekeating857
    clarekeating857 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone thank you yes you're right and need to keep my head in it, poster who said don't give up and eat more is my exact issue so all words of advice noted and will take on board just need to give myself a kick up the backside and keep going, just the pep talk I needed. Xx
  • clarekeating857
    clarekeating857 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Not necessarily; I had a massive binge this weekend, logged it all and worked out I ate enough to gain 2lbs this weekend (and I wear a fitbit so I know how much I burn a day). Unfortunately it is much harder to lose 1lb in a day than gain it! And as we don't know how much OP was eating before she decided to go down to 1200 calories, we can't be sure that isn't the case. But, we all have our 'bad days'; just got to keep positive and back on track![/quote]

Honestly I hate to think how much I was eating I drive a lot and this is where I gained the weight, I'd just eat huge bags of crisps and sweets all day, no breakfast but then a huge dinner, the calorie counter is a huge learning tool I had no idea how much I was eating a day but could guess on some days 3000 easy.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone thank you yes you're right and need to keep my head in it, poster who said don't give up and eat more is my exact issue so all words of advice noted and will take on board just need to give myself a kick up the backside and keep going, just the pep talk I needed. Xx

:smile:
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

Not necessarily; I had a massive binge this weekend, logged it all and worked out I ate enough to gain 2lbs this weekend (and I wear a fitbit so I know how much I burn a day). Unfortunately it is much harder to lose 1lb in a day than gain it! And as we don't know how much OP was eating before she decided to go down to 1200 calories, we can't be sure that isn't the case. But, we all have our 'bad days'; just got to keep positive and back on track!

Honestly I hate to think how much I was eating I drive a lot and this is where I gained the weight, I'd just eat huge bags of crisps and sweets all day, no breakfast but then a huge dinner, the calorie counter is a huge learning tool I had no idea how much I was eating a day but could guess on some days 3000 easy. [/quote]

Yeah, it is always a shock when you first start logging and realize how quickly it can add up! Sometimes, depressing and scary. But always so worth it :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is always a shock when you first start logging and realize how quickly it can add up! Sometimes, depressing and scary. But always so worth it :)

I prefer to think of it as educational as opposed to depressing or scary. :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

I prefer to think of it as educational as opposed to depressing or scary. :)

I do now! Realizing how many calories you have consumed in a day or weekend then realizing it will take you over a week to burn that back off again is pretty good motivation to resist next time you feel that 'urge' coming on.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    It all depends upon if you want to lose weight. Personally, I was skinny all my life until I quit smoking in 2004. I wasn't used to not being able to put my socks and shoes on without lying down on the bed. I wasn't used to not being able to see my pubic hair in the mirror. I wasn't used to seeing myself in a window or mirror and thinking, "Oh, God, that can't be me!". I wasn't used to seeing my fat face in the mirror. I wasn't used to going to Goodwill to buy fat clothes that made me look like a homeless man because I refused to admit I was fat.

That said, I'm down 24 pounds now. I can now clip my toenails. I can put on my socks and shoes. But I still don't recognize myself in a window or mirror. 36 pounds to go.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Ok I've done this.... I was really bummed out at only losing 1lb so I went into my fridge, at the bottom where I keep my packs of butter for baking etc. I held 4 packs of butter in my hand and actually said out loud " holy s**t" 4 packs of butter is 1lb and what I've just lost from my body

Try it, I promise you'll never be disappointed in losing 1lb again
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I wear a fitbit so I know how much I burn a day.

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE (aka your maintenance calories). If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight.

Connect your accounts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Follow your MFP calorie goal, eating back your adjustments. And read the Sexypants post: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1