"Almost there" support thread! (<15lbs to go)

Options
Who else has trouble now that you're so close to your goal? I'm healthy, I'm happy, but now I wanna be hot- it's so easy to lose focus when your clothing alllmooost fits the way you want it to.

For me, it's easier to say "good enough" and go for that extra piece of chesse instead of tightening up my diet and hitting the weights to get that toned, tight look instead of settling for being small and flabby. Diet is my downfall every time. Talk to me about your struggles, let's keep eachother focused on what we REALLY want instead of what's convenient and easy.

Replies

• hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Talk about my struggles? I struggle with the term "toned" when people say they want to be toned. Do you want muscle? Pick up something heavy.

For me, I am near my goal weight but find that I am running more and lifting less. I prefer a fit, muscular build so I need to pick up heavy things more often than I am now.

Inspiration to lift: HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am also getting close. For the most part, I am happy. I can't believe after 30 plus pounds I still have flab!!! That does not make me happy and I'm probably going to have to make a new goal weight set at another 10 lbs down after I meet my first one. I also am having a harder time getting so close. It's like I jumped into the normal BMI and now I only lose 1/2 lb per week if I'm lucky. I'm just going to keep going but I can see already that I am loosening up my routine and my sticktoitness.....LOL. Sure wish I did not love food so much!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have5 pounds left and my loss has reached a turtle crawl with about half pound every couple of weeks or so :( It definitely affects the sticktoitness quotient for me as well. At this rate it feels like I won't even reach my goal by Christmas LOL. Swimming has been my go to exercise and I am getting toned from it. What I notice now is that my waist is the only area not cooperating much with the tape measure.........
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ^my waist ig being so stubborn! I'm pretty sure it's 100% diet for me :c
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling because I was almost there...2 lbs from goal. Unexpected pregnancy, miscarried at 3 months, terrible sinus infection on top of the miscarriage, and now getting back to "normal." I'm extra flabby since I have not been doing much in the form of exercise (cardio or strength) since the beginning of Feb.
    Now I have about 8 to go, but think that's probably decent, considering all I've had to deal with.
    As far as food goes, I have been tightening up on the calories for the last two weeks.
    This evening after work, my hubby is going to start some strength and cardio with me, and I have been trying to get in a short bike ride (working up to being able to ride 20 miles, but without getting "saddle sore") or walking a couple miles 3-4 days a week for the last 2 weeks.
    Most of my current MFP friends are extremely busy right now, so I am looking for some more active friends with open diaries.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I was almost there at one point (6 pounds away, after losing 134 pounds) and then loosened up on the diet and now I need to lose 30 pounds. I agree that it gets so much more difficult as you get closer. Luckily I have stayed with the exercise or it could be worse. The diet gets so much more important at this point.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've been 2-3 pounds from my goal weight for almost a year, lol. I am more active too, but every time I get lower, I get hungrier and it's a vicious cycle that I just haven't been able to get out of. But I don't want to get more toned. I like my arms and legs just fine... just not my hips and my belly but I have loose skin there too. So it's mostly a diet issue at this point...
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am also real close to my goal (7-10 lbs., depending on the day :p ) I have been exercising more, but having trouble keeping my eating in check. My stomach is being stubborn and won't go away. I have gotten to this point before and not quite made it to goal. I will get there, it just may take awhile!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I've been 10-15 pounds away from my goal weight for about 2 years now. I too could use some extra discipline in my daily diet. i continue to change up my workouts to stay interested and to hope to see change. because i lost nearly 100 pounds, i have so much loose flabby skin on my belly and inner thighs it gets discouraging. I was actually thinking that having those few extra pounds to lose is the very thing keeping me motivated. and god, do i want to use the word tone in all of its tenses. whotf gets annoyed with common vernacular? smh.
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am about 10 lbs from my goal and I am experiencing the same thing! Lately weekends have been tricky with showers, parties, family get together, etc. I try to just stick with moderation but i have difficulty passing up the sweets. I am still working out regularly and maintaining but I want to get back that self control I had earlier this year! This upcoming weekend I am going to my sisters wedding tasting and on Sunday I am having brunch with friends. The following weekend is my wedding anniversary. So I know I am going to be faced with temptation!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you guys wanna add me! I love trying new clean recipes and posting about them.