Milestone reached! And demotivation... (PICS)

Options
So I was going to post this in the success stories section but I figured posting here would be more useful! I am hoping to see if others have had similar experiences.

I've been slowly plugging away at my weight loss for about 3 years now. On the weekend I reached two milestones - first time under 70kg in about 5 years AND over 20kgs lost. I really worked my *kitten* off last week to get there so was proud to see the numbers on the scale. It's a huge achievement for me.

9164j3xvmsai.jpg

Today, I have absolutely no motivation. I'm logging and staying within my calories and was going to go to the gym but really, I just can't be bothered! Just want to sign off MFP and eat whatever the hell I feel like for the rest of my life. I'm still about 5-10kgs off goal weight so I'm not quite at maintenance stage yet. Reckon the demotivation is deflation after a big hooray? Or because I was much stricter with myself last week, maybe I just want a little more wiggle room? Either way, I thought posting this could help me get my head back in the game.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on those two big milestones!

I've been feeling demotivated as well, recently. I've read people here recommending a few weeks on maintenance to give yourself a break. If you've been at this for 3 years, a bit of time at maintenance might be just what you need to get you motivated again.
  • LilSweet2015
    LilSweet2015 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic and three years is a long time. You are a real inspiration.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I think the demotivation you are feeling is common and too little discussed. I have been through periods like that also. I agree with @jessiruthica that some time at maintenance can be beneficial.

Remember that this is a change for life, and that in life all things come and go, grow and diminish. It's OK to loosen up on the reins for a little.

And well done on your progress!
  • shiquirlin
    shiquirlin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look awesome!!!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You should look into maintenance for a little while until you're ready to do a little more, or you may realize you love the way you are now. Do not just stop doing anything, or you know how it is, it will creep back on real fast. Be proud of what you have done, but me mindful of the maintenance to keep your self where you want to be.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and the advice. Calories set to maintenance now and I'm just going to enjoy. Actually thinking of refocusing and looking to make sure I'm getting enough iron and calcium which I've been a bit low on. Still aiming for health and happiness and not giving it all up :)