Help!!

Options
santawiggles
santawiggles Posts: 14 Member
does anyone know if you take an hour walk do you have to log it in as exercise or does the pedometer on the app do it for you ?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if you have some sort of pedomiter device synced to mfp it will log it for you
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The MFP app itself doesn't have a pedometer built in. You'd need to be using a separate pedometer/activity tracker (Fitbit, S Health, etc.) that is synced to MFP for those calories to be added automatically.
  • santawiggles
    Options
    But the mfp tells me how many steps I take everyday.
    SueInAz wrote: »
    The MFP app itself doesn't have a pedometer built in. You'd need to be using a separate pedometer/activity tracker (Fitbit, S Health, etc.) that is synced to MFP for those calories to be added automatically.
    if you have some sort of pedomiter device synced to mfp it will log it for you

• santawiggles
    Options
    See it says how many steps I took so far p9598xdw4675.jpg
  • SueInAz
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes, mine does, too, but that's because I have my Fitbit synced to MFP. According to the screen shot, yours is using the pedometer app in your iPhone. That means, if you're taking steps when you aren't carrying your phone, those steps aren't being counted. If you want to count the walking time when you aren't carrying your phone you'd need to log them separately.
  • santawiggles
    Options
    Yes, mine does, too, but that's because I have my Fitbit synced to MFP. According to the screen shot, yours is using the pedometer app in your iPhone. That means, if you're taking steps when you aren't carrying your phone, those steps aren't being counted. If you want to count the walking time when you aren't carrying your phone you'd need to log them separately.

Ok but if I had my phone when I took my walk yesterday I don't need to log them
    In myself right? Thanks so much for the help!!
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My phone does the same thing but I don't really understand if that's good or bad. Theoretically isn't normal daily walking already figured in to your goals via calorie deficit? I mean we put in whether we're active, sedentary, etc.
  • SueInAz
    Options

Ok but if I had my phone when I took my walk yesterday I don't need to log them
    In myself right? Thanks so much for the help!!
    Right! :smile:
  • SueInAz
    Options
    My phone does the same thing but I don't really understand if that's good or bad. Theoretically isn't normal daily walking already figured in to your goals via calorie deficit? I mean we put in whether we're active, sedentary, etc.
    I choose to put in my activity level as sedentary and let MFP add calories for any activity. Many others do, too, because we aren't active to the same level each day. I run every other day and weight lift on different days. The days I run I get more calories than the days I don't.

An activity tracker is merely going to validate your activity level if you choose a higher level than sedentary. For instance, my Fitbit gives me a calorie amount for the day based on my normal activity level. If I'm less active it will take calories away from what I'm allowed to eat, as a result. If I'm more active, I'll get more calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If it's linked, it logs it for you.