Fitness Victory

Options
Forget NSVs... I've moved on to gym/fitness victories. Today I did 5 semi-assisted pull ups. (My trainer had his hands under my knees as I pulled myself up! He swears he didn't help at all but I have my doubts.) A year ago, I would have never dreamed of even being able to do one!

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, congratulations! I've never been able to do a pull-up, assisted or not.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Forget NSVs... I've moved on to gym/fitness victories. Today I did 5 semi-assisted pull ups. (My trainer had his hands under my knees as I pulled myself up! He swears he didn't help at all but I have my doubts.) A year ago, I would have never dreamed of even being able to do one!
    [/quote

Well done, and I know how happy you must feel!!

I do chin-ups using the Assisted Pull Up Machine at the gym (a bad word in MFP but I don't care). I don't have a trainer or a spotter and I had surgeries in both shoulder, so I do what I can with what I have.

Yesterday I did 5 sets of 5 reps each, lifting 55 % of my body weight, and I was a very happy lady. It was a great NSV for me too, so I join you in the celebration.
    :flowerforyou:
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what is an NSV?

I love hearing people hit fitness milestones!!
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Well done, and I know how happy you must feel!!

I do chin-ups using the Assisted Pull Up Machine at the gym (a bad word in MFP but I don't care). I don't have a trainer or a spotter and I had surgeries in both shoulder, so I do what I can with what I have.

Yesterday I did 5 sets of 5 reps each, lifting 55 % of my body weight, and I was a very happy lady. It was a great NSV for me too, so I join you in the celebration.
    :flowerforyou:
    Great job!!!

A NSV is a "non-scale victory". I'm not really caring what the scale says right now.
  • allisonsirius
    Options
    Very cool! Congratulations!