Many suits not fitting anymore

Options
I'm about halfway to where I want to be. Lost 21, 24 to go. A few of my suits, two I just bought and one I've never worn don't fit anymore. At what point can they not be tailored? I dont mind waiting until I reach goal weight but I need them for work.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your loss. If you can't take the ones back that you haven't worn, might as well have them tailored, as you need them. What a fantastic way to celebrate the additional 24 pound loss. YAY SHOPPING!
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take the never worn one back and exchange it for the correct size? Reputable/larger shops will often do this even if you don't have the receipt.
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    All were tailored to my old frame. I don't think you can return them. Trying to decide if should get them refitted now, later or never.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I took three of mine to The Men's Wearhouse to be tailored when I hit the -40 lb mark. They turned out okay. I'm not sure how their tailoring prices compare to other places, but the nice thing about The Men's Wearhouse is that once they alter a seam, they won't charge for it if that seam has to be altered again. With a policy like that, it makes no difference when you have it done, because it won't cost anything to have the same work done again.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    How much they can be tailored depends how much your body shape changed, and how the suits are made. Can you find a tailor to give you an estimate to see if it's worth taking them in?

Also congrats on your 21 pounds!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I would take them in to someone and get a quote. Taking something in is a lot easier and can be done more times than letting out, to my knowledge. How much will depend on your new measurements. I can say HSpoon was happy with Men's Warehouse for their tailoring, so that might be a reasonable place to start.

It's an great problem to have though!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'd get one tailored, and wait for a bit before getting the other's tailored (unless you need to wear all three because you wear them all the time). Your tailor should be able to tell you when you can't take them in any further.

Way to go on your loss!