Remaining calories for the rest of the week

Options
smurfine78
smurfine78 Posts: 3 Member
I am new to Myfitnesspal, but I've tried other diet diaries and there I had an option to view remaining calories for the rest of the week, but it seems like the only option here is remaining calories for the day? I exercise 3 times a week, but I don't eat my earned calories before saturday, so it would be nice to have an overview of how many calories I can eat the rest of the week.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you using the app?

If you are using the phone app, then there is a nutrition section that will show you what you want to know. I don't know much about the Android version (although last I checked it doesn't have all the features of the iphone version).

So on an iphone, scroll to the bottom of your diary page and tap "Nutrition."
    The resulting page that comes up should show you a graph of your day and since the latest update it shows you a graph breaking down when your calories were consumed.
    Where it says "Day View" (above graph, but under "Calories"), tap that area and you should see the option for "Week View".
    Now you will see a graph of the week. Ignore the Average Net Calories underneath the graph for now. It's currently not working right and is totaling your calories for the week. However, right above that it will tell you how many calories under or over you are for the week.

With the iphone, you can also go into settings and change which day the week starts on. Last time I used an android phone, I think it was a rolling week and there wasn't a way to change that.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I think the app on my phone just upgraded and under Nutrition I now see a calorie chart--it defaults to daily view, but I just changed it to weekly and now it says "Net Calories over weekly goal" which is exactly what you're looking for.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I think the app on my phone just upgraded and under Nutrition I now see a calorie chart--it defaults to daily view, but I just changed it to weekly and now it says "Net Calories over weekly goal" which is exactly what you're looking for.

Yep. When your under it will say "Net Calories Under Weekly Goal"