Dairy Free Help?!

Options
2»

Replies

• joysomebody
    joysomebody Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The dairy free yogurt is good. I like coconut milk for my dairy option.
  • The_Original_Beauty
    Options
    If he does have CMPI (my daughter did) you need to avoid all soy, corn because it has the same protein. It's hard but doable.
  • mrsherrm
    mrsherrm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My son is 18 months and I cut out dairy at 6 months due to him having bloody and mucous stools. After about 2 weeks his symptoms completely resolved. Then I was able to slowly add things back. I can now have any cheese, my international delight coffee creamer and baked milk (think unhealthy deserts
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of replacement foods; they just aren't the same. I tried soy milk, cashew milk, etc, but I'd honestly just rather do without.

I guess it depends on what you normally eat your dairy with. There are a lot of decent non-dairy creamers, and I personally would just skip cheese or yogurt replacement products as stand alone snacks. And I agree that vegan substitutions for recipes will be a good resource. I have heard good things about Ben and Jerry's vegan ice cream, so if you find yourself craving things, try out the vegan versions.

And I had no clue that fast food used milk protein as additives. At least while you're first trying to figure out the issues with the little one, I'd limit how much you eat out just so you have absolute control over what you're intaking.

And hopefully the little guy improves quickly!