Feeling alone

Options
shaqntoe
shaqntoe Posts: 1 Member
Does anyone else have the problem of when start working out and dieting that the BFF gets defensive? I want to talk about my success and have no one, because she cares about #1, I want to shout from the roof tops!!

Replies

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and becoming more active, has shown me more life lessons than I had expected. It's definitely taught me the difference between my real and fake friends.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    eh stop trying to force conversations with people. Go somewhere where your likely to meet people who could relate and have an actual conversation about your goals such as a running event. It isn't all about you either so don't turn the tables onto your friend being defensive. Honestly, the journey is yours and yours alone so you shouldn't feel "alone" as you put it.
  • catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How lovely to have a BFF even if they aren't as focused on you as you'd like them to be.
    I've got plenty of friends but no one close enough to share anything with
  • eliseshute
    eliseshute Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is she really your bff then? If she is, then maybe she's worried that you're going to change or maybe not have the time for her any more. Not everyone knows how to say those things. Also, are you constantly talking about your fitness goals? While she should be supportive, if it's not something she is also interested in and it's constantly coming up, she might just be fighting for a little common ground.