Feeling unmotivated

i haven't got a lot of weight to lose, only 6kg, when I started back in Feb in fell off, I lost 2kg in a month which was fantastic! Then I got sick for a month and couldn't exercise and put it all back on. Now I'm in week three of being back on track and the scales haven't moved! It's really de-motivating when three months ago it was regularly going down and now it wouldn't budge at all.

I'm not doing anything different, exercising the same amount, eating mostly the same food and weighing it all much to the amusement of my flatmates.

But it's really getting to me mentally, it's hard to keep it up when nothing's happening when three months ago it worked.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    If you did it once, you know you can do it again! Maybe tweak your macros a bit--a little more protein, fat and/or fiber. Maybe drop your calories by 50-100/day (I wouldn't go too low). Take some measurements, sometimes you're getting smaller, but the scale doesn't move. Focus on how good the healthy changes make you feel.

You are making good choices for yourself and being mindful of what you eat. If your flatmates find caring abut your health amusing, the problem is theirs--don't make it yours. People often mock what they lack the willpower to do themselves in the hopes of bringing you back down to their level. I had friends like this who were "amused" by my time time and running. Note I said "had friends." People who aren't a positive influence in my life end up not being in my life very quickly.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Looks like you have a small amount to lose and only been doing it for a short time.

Give it more time. Your weight is going to fluctuate normally. It might hide your weight loss if you gain a bit of water weight.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    True that, I never weigh myself the day after I lift. :smiley: