why do you want to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mobility, primarily. My dream is to be able to have the energy and fitness to go to Europe, and not feel squished in the seat on the flight.

I'm not really concerned about attractiveness because I've found that the people who are worth your time will see beyond your appearance, and I'm very happy with the friends and relationships that I've had. :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Because I'm fat. Since I'm not planning on hibernating through the next winter, there is literally no point in staying fat.
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I moved from Massachusetts to southwest Florida about three years ago. There are many elderly people here who do very well. But I see many people in their late 60s to late 70s (I'm 56) who aren't doing well at all -- limited mobility, breathing problems, chronic joint pain, etc. I so don't want to be in this latter group! Barring illness, the common denominator many of them share is excess weight, and plenty of it.

I was 60 pounds overweight when I moved here. I lost 40 on my own, but couldn't get the last 20 to budge until I joined MFP and started counting calories. I've got 10 more to go to reach my goal of 140 (I'm 5' 5").

And of course now my vanity has kicked in. I've been shopping in thrift stores as I lose, and loving the way I look in everything. A small evil part of my soul gloats whenever I'm the fittest, youngest-looking, cutest person in the room!