My weight has stayed exactly the same for 3 weeks...

Options
Every time I have weighted myself in the past 3 weeks my weight has been exactly the same. It doesn't matter when I weight myself, right after waking up, after a big meal, etc. Before this week my weight has been fluctuated a few lbs each time I've weighed myself. It just seems really weird to me that my weight has stayed exactly the same, down to the decimal, for three weeks. Is this normal or is it possible that my scale is broken?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Put something with a known weight on it and see how it weighs.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Many scales have a measure to make them appear more reliable and accurate by giving you the same weight if it is close to the previous weight. It's actually really annoying. Try picking up something heavy and stepping on, then try again. Use something like a full laundry basket or just ask someone heavier than you to step on.

*If this turns out to be your problem, what I do is to step on the scale at the end of the day, fully clothed and with shoes on, so I can weigh with a clean slate in the morning.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

I'd do this (a dumbbell or something that you know the exact weight of should work). Also have you changed the batteries recently?
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options

This is what I do. I grab my little 3lb weights and weigh with holding those. The weight goes up..almost like a reset. Just test to make sure your scale may not need new batteries.