Need help..motivation...

I'm tired of being over weight...I'm a 5'2 and weighed 218 three weeks ago. I am a mother of three with the smallest being 7 months old who I breastfeed btw. He is very demanding and attached to me I feel lost and don't know what to do or how to start losing weight I just can't. Before I got pregnant I struggled with my weight I still weighed 200 but not more than 210 and when I walked daily and ate healthy all I lost was 6 lbs at the most. Now I'm stuck trying to lose weight again but get frustrated and don't know what to do..but I have to do something. Any help?

Replies

• melissaedgerlyrustin
    melissaedgerlyrustin Posts: 10 Member
    The first 10 or 15 seem to come off fast. Then you hit a wall but it will start coming off again. I know it is hard to stick to it when you are not seeing any results. I am on that scale everyday and if I don't see it moving down I get discouraged. You just have to stick with it. Keep your food choices smart, we all know what we shouldn't eat, and keep on walking, chasing them babies maybe even try gardening or bike riding with your older children for something different that also keeps them occupied. You can do this. I am just starting again too. We can lose it together. Keep your head held high and your feet moving :)
    Melissa
  • ginibajwa
    ginibajwa Posts: 1 Member
    Hi i have 21 month old and i am struggling too. My boy is very demanding won't play alone, won't eat on his own, won't eat a lot of food, not a good sleeper either so my whole energy is spent on him. After a long time struggling i decided to join gym. My goal is to go to gym atleast 3 times a week which is not too hard. Stop eating junk food. Double triple intake of water and add lemon in it if you like. I have seen couple of pounds coming off and i am quite less bloated too. Dont worry we are here to help.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    I recommend that you find out how many calories you burn on a daily basis just doing your normal activity. Then subtract 10 or 15% off that and eat at that deficit. You won't get overly hungry and you will consistently lose weight, plus you should also maintain the energy level you need to run after your precious babies. There are calculators on the internet that can help you figure out how many calories you burn.
  • Maru_88
    Maru_88 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks , I went to a doctor appointment today thinking I was gonna be at the same weight or weighed more but to my surprise I weigh 5lbs less
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Hi ya, i have two under 2s. Taking them to the park or to the ducks seems to be a work out on its own: pushing a buggy, pushing the swings, running after them, following them around frames etc.... Hold your stomach in like your would when doing abdomen exercises when doing anything and you'll feel the burn... Think of it this way- if you read up on other's success stories they say that they were big as a child and just kept getting bigger or something happened and they turned to food for years then when they decided to lose the weight it took them 2-4 years or so. Therefore technically you lose quicker than putting on the weight. Just don't give up you've done the difficult part of deciding to lose weight carry on.