Shakeology cleanse

Options
I've decided to try this and I have some questions for my fellow MFPers. Who has tried it? What was your story on it?

*Please refrain from commenting negativity about cleanses or if you haven't tried this. I've already decided to try this so trying to explain to me that my body cleanses itself will be of no use.*

Thank you!

Replies

• steviedream
    steviedream Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never actually heard of this, good luck with it. Let us know who it goes :smile:
  • steviedream
    steviedream Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    *how
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    It's not "negativity" if peer reviewed clinical studies show that no actual "cleansing" occurs. No one wants to believe that they are being taken. If you're doing it because you believe you're cleaning yourself out, then have enjoy it. It's your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    54549512.jpg[img][/img]
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    OP - Are you a "Coach" by any chance?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So... you don't want truth, only woo?
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've decided to try this and I have some questions for my fellow MFPers. Who has tried it? What was your story on it?

*Please refrain from commenting negativity about cleanses or if you haven't tried this. I've already decided to try this so trying to explain to me that my body cleanses itself will be of no use.*

Thank you!

....but....what if your body DOES cleanse itself, or there is medical evidence to prove that it doesn't work? You really don't want to hear it? I'm afraid posting on a public forum such as this and then saying you only want certain responses doesn't go down too well here.....

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I really don't get the point of this post. You're already going to do it, don't want to hear anything negative... why ask?
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Actually dihydrogen minoxide enemas work better and are cheaper.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Not entirely true, it should be balanced out to ensure the correct electrolytes are present, otherwise it could potentially lead to issues, depending on how obsessively one feels the need to cleanse.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Thank you!

....but....what if your body DOES cleanse itself, or there is medical evidence to prove that it doesn't work? You really don't want to hear it? I'm afraid posting on a public forum such as this and then saying you only want certain responses doesn't go down too well here.....

I agree with this post..

Once you post out into the wide open area of the internet, to me it is game on. And why not welcome some peer reviews and real advice from those that have been there and done that.

Also, once you have been o MFP for a while, snarky or "snarasim" is ok, and can be funny..
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thank you!
    What kind of questions do you have? You clearly have made your mind up, so questions about the actual science, reasoning, and efficacy about "cleanses" are not a concern of yours at this point -- nor are you interested in learning about disconfirming evidence or reasons of why not do so.

So what questions can you possible have at this point?

Also, I'd like to know your reasons why you think a cleanse is appropriate? What do you hope to accomplish?
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I haven't tried crystal meth, heroin, or cocaine as weight loss methods but I can say, without a doubt, they are as much of a waste of money as shakeology. If you've made your mind up and you're just posting this to troll, then I hope you find a better hobby. If you're just looking for positive experiences, I can find people who think coffee enemas are the ultimate key to weight loss too, but coffee enemas don't have snazzy advertizing and multi-level marketing schemes behind them like shakeology or herbalife.

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thank you!

You have no right to try and dictate the nature of the responses you get, people are allowed to think as they do and respond accordingly. There should be a rule on here against trying to dictate responses like that, it's just not cricket. You haven't come on here for people's opinions, you've come here hoping for only positive replies to try and justify it to yourself. So this is an exercise in futility as you're asking this on a forum you clearly know is full of people who have negative views on this sort of thing. If you're really that high on 'cleansing', you may as well just take a load of laxatives and water and get closely acquainted with your toilet.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here you go... this has been talked about over and over ..

OP, here is some light reading for.. well you know..

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/821828

:)
  • fullylugged
    fullylugged Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    From the Shakeology site links: "Some customers may experience initial digestive distress (such as constipation, bloating, gas) when they begin drinking Shakeology... The pre/probiotics, fiber and digestive enzymes in Shakeology also can contribute to mild digestive distress. Think of it as a cleansing process to reclaim the healthy microflora in your system.

Many who have experienced such symptoms found that they lessened within a week or two of starting Shakeology. .... However, if symptoms persist, you should consult your physician."

I'll pass, thank you.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Not entirely true, it should be balanced out to ensure the correct electrolytes are present, otherwise it could potentially lead to issues, depending on how obsessively one feels the need to cleanse.

You are both joking right? DHMO is also known as hydrogen hydroxide! Hydroxide as in caustic soda?! Ouch!!!
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I heard that shakeology is a giant pyramid scheme and have seen it on here from ppl that are on my friends list once they start selling it they want you to buy then you too can become a life coach and peddle this stuff. One of my dear friends actually got mixed up in this scheme he dropped it really quick and now drives a tractor trailer cross country for work just saying.