Morbidly obese mom changing my future! friends welcome!

eliseshute
eliseshute Posts: 18 Member
Hi everyone! I'm 28 and have been overweight literally since I can remember. I'm 5'2 and currently at my highest weight of 315lbs.

I'm still healing from the birth of my second baby, so right now I'm focusing on improving my diet only. As soon as I'm healed up, I'll be getting a treadmill.

I'm doing this to be healthy. Currently I have no health issues, but if I keep living this way, I know that my luck won't last. I want to be able to play with my kids for more than a few minutes. Luckily they are both young enough right now that they won't remember their mommy being out of breath all the time.

Anyway, that's my story. Friends are always welcome!

Replies

• I'm in that boat as well, I'm at my heaviest, after pregnancy of 225. I ended up in an emergency c section with my daughter, she was born in late September. so right after her birthday I had all the holidays, which didn't help with the diet. and it was a very cold winter here in North East PA. so I couldn't get outside to exercise. So here I am 7 months later only down 20lbs from my pre-delivery weight. Feel free to add me!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Well your in the right place :-) there's many success stories here. I started @202 lbs and am now 135 lbs. Just get yourself a food scale, it's very important to weigh and measure everything! Best of luck to you!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Great attitude! How old are your kids?
    It's really good that you recognize that currently not having health problems is not a prediction of the future.
    I like to read regularly about how eating unhealthy adversely affects the body in all kinds of ways. It helps me to make good decisions.
    Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • eliseshute
    eliseshute Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks Thorsmom! Sunny, my older daughter is turning 2 this month aand my other daughter is 2.5 months. I had a csection and ended up with an infection that I'm still trying to heal up from.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hello! Kids are a great motivator. I am a mommy of 4 who lost 86 pounds using this app. I know you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • angela_eva13
    angela_eva13 Posts: 200 Member
    Hi, I'm 39 years old and a mom of a grown daughter who is 23. I'm 324 pounds and am determined to get this weight off as well. I sent you a friend request.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    <3 Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place. I'm on here most everyday (a work in progress). Feel free to add me and good luck to ya!