Hi!

mikejarman2010
mikejarman2010 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys. I'm all new to the community. Been using the app for almost month as had gastroscopy and need to lose weight due to acid reflux. How's everyone finding the app help you lose weight? So far I was 17 st 14 at heaviest. Since using this I've dropped to 16 st 10. Does anyone know if the app asks you to weigh in at any point to keep track of weight loss?

Replies

• howsa06
    howsa06 Posts: 582 Member
    The app doesn't ask you to weigh yourself, but there is a tab for you to record your weight. I weigh myself once a week on the same day, at the same time. Once you have hit a 10 pound weight loss (I believe) your calorie goal automatically adjust, so I think that is why it is important to keep track of your weight.
  • jjkoba81
    jjkoba81 Posts: 33 Member
    Exactly what Howsa said! I try to log my weight on here once a week, same day, same time, etc. I'm new here so that's only happened once, but still.
  • deoliveiraf
    deoliveiraf Posts: 13 Member
    MFP has definitely helped. If nothing else, it makes you aware of how much, or how often you eat when you have to track it all. Concur with the prior two guys that you need to track weight yourself, and MFP will automatically adjust calorie limits with every 10 lbs lost.

I also suffer from acid reflux. Losing weight & eating a generally better diet has helped. I lost 35 lbs, and see you have 84 lbs to lose. That should definitely help. Another piece of the puzzle that seems to have helped me is seeing a chiropractor. I started seeing him due to some back issues after starting a running program, but have continued & have seen an overall better quality of life. My guy uses a more scientific method to know exactly how to adjust. It is called Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractic which utilizes Computerized Thermal Imaging.