New to this fitness pal thing.

Options
breeshipley
breeshipley Posts: 6 Member
I'm currently deployed and trying to lose excess weight. Was told by the nutritionist that I was consuming too few calories and my body was storing not burning.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    99.9999% of people eat more than they realize, and move less than they think (thats a false statistic I just made up but its probably pretty close!) Have you been keeping a detailed and accurate food diary up until this point? If not then your nutritionists advice is not really based on anything.....

start logging accurately and see where that takes you, everything you need to know to set up a realistic and successful plan is outlined in the threads below:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide#latest

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

~best wishes
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Your nutritionist needs a bit of enlightening... your body doesn't store fat because you aren't eating enough. You might feel more sluggish as your body tries to slow you down but the laws of thermodynamics still apply and you'll continue to burn calories depending on how much you're moving. If what you were told was true, no one would ever die of starvation.

Plug your data into MFP and start logging everything you eat. Keep close to your daily calorie goal and you'll lose weight.
  • breeshipley
    Options
    Well I'm extremely active considering I'm on a deployment in the military. I was only consuming around 10-1200 calories a day. My metabolic rate is around 1900.
  • breeshipley
    Options
    Oh and I eat clean other than the occasional cheat day.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Eating "clean" (whatever that actually means to you) has absolutely no bearing on weight loss. It's all about calories in being less than calories out. You could eat nothing but Twinkies and doughnuts and lose weight. You'd be starving and miserable but you'd lose weight.

Cheat days can actually wipe out a whole week's calorie deficit if you aren't logging what you're eating. They are a very bad idea all around.

Ditch the cheat days. Accurately log what you're eating and the calories you're burning in exercise.