Recipes for a healthier cheesecake?

Options
Apud85
Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
Per the post title, does anyone have any good recipes for a healthier cheesecake?

Thank you! :-)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Healthier in what way?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Try this one and tell me what you think, I want to try it but I haven't got to it yet...

http://www.abakinggirl.com/2013/01/21/greek-yogurt-cheesecake/
  • Apud85
    Options
    Healthier in what way?

Healthier meaning lower calorie/healthier ingredients, i.e., using greek yogurt, almond flour, smaller sized bites, etc.

• Apud85
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Try this one and tell me what you think, I want to try it but I haven't got to it yet...

http://www.abakinggirl.com/2013/01/21/greek-yogurt-cheesecake/

I've never seen this one before! It looks really good, I'll let you know!

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

Make your favorite cheesecake.

Portion out your 'regular' sized slice.

Now cut said slice in half and consume one half. Place other half in container to consume tomorrow.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I have to try the Greek yogurt cheesecake. The blueberry lemon one sounds amazing, too!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

Now cut said slice in half and consume one half. Place other half in container to consume tomorrow.

Cant do that, must make low cal and eat it all... :p
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You can try also a ricotta based recipe. It has less calories and fat than cream cheese. Not to mention that it tastes better in a cheesecake ;) Just replace cream cheese with ricotta and follow whatever recipe you have as usual. I have also tried it with other types fresh soft cheese and all of them more or less work fine.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My mum makes it using quark (bluergh) and she quite likes it as an alternative to cream cheese/ricotta.
  • kokoAndorinha
    kokoAndorinha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

I don't have that self control haha. If it's in my house then I'll eat it. :wink:
  • Apud85
    Options
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

I don't have that self control haha. If it's in my house then I'll eat it. :wink:

Same, especially with an entire cheesecake in the house when it's just my husband and me.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy making pies from pudding mixes, like banana or chocolate. Apparently, they have cheesecake flavored pudding (just now finding this out!) so you could use that! It's not as firm as cheesecake but the flavor is probably good. I like using banana, but you could do strawberry, lime, coconut, lemon, pretty much anything you want! They have sugar free mixes too :)
    http://www.cooks.com/recipe/yr3px84a/easy-chocolate-cheesecake-pudding-pie.html
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Apud85 wrote: »
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

Same, especially with an entire cheesecake in the house when it's just my husband and me.

freeze it. That's what I do.

Have to no way can we eat this in less than 4 days

cijxeu2vh30c.jpg

so I cut it in half and freeze half of it for later.

I don't believe in lower calorie cheese cake as you can see...and that one had double brownie bottom...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I still make the regular batter and just bake them in muffin tins. It really helps with portion control.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The right way to slice cake.

Lower fat cream cheese or quark as mentioned above.
    Half the sugar or use an artificial sweetener.
    Sweeten with fresh fruit.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We make cheesecake by mixing cream cheese and cool whip and using a graham cracker crust. Makes 8 pieces 247 cals a pc. Not as heavy as traditional cheesecake but, that is what I love about it. So delicious!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

Here's the answer, end topic. Some things (cheesecake), shall not be ruined trying to make them "healthier". Eat less of it, and enjoy it properly, or don't bother.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I still make the regular batter and just bake them in muffin tins. It really helps with portion control.

I like that idea too. Then you can freeze the extra... easier than freezing slices of cake.

Now if I could find a good cheesecake recipe, lol. Still want to try that Greek yogurt cheesecake though, out of curiosity.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Apud85 wrote: »
    1/2 calorie cheesecake:

freeze it. That's what I do.

Have to no way can we eat this in less than 4 days

cijxeu2vh30c.jpg

so I cut it in half and freeze half of it for later.

I don't believe in lower calorie cheese cake as you can see...and that one had double brownie bottom...

Do you know how good frozen cheesecake is? :p
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is NOT cheesecake, but to have something cheesecake-ish on the regular? Simply lightly sweeten a big tub of ricotta cheese. Add some vanilla extract if you're feeling fancy. I have no amounts for this, I just wing it.

Put it into a buttered square baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour. It will completely firm up once cooled in the refrigerator.

It's GREAT for breakfast with berries.