Just signed up today

Options
Hi everyone. I just signed up today. I am an extremely experienced dieter (I spent the better part of 25 years on one weight loss/exercise plan or another) who thought I finally had this figured out. For the past 5 years, I've managed to keep a stable weight and conquered my bingeing issues. I actually felt like I had a healthy relationship with food, the scale, exercise and my body. Really I didn't think about any of it much; I just lived my life and ate normally and things were good.

A few months ago, my thyroid once again went haywire which led to me slowly gaining a few lbs at first. My doctor gets very upset when I gain weight and puts a lot of attention on it when trying to figure out how to treat my (complicated) thyroid issues. Unfortunately, his scale focus brought back a lot of my emotional/psychological issues and led to my eating getting out of control. So I was then dealing with weight gain from hypothyroid, low energy and lack of exercise, bingeing, bad body image, and out of control appetite. So, 30 lbs later, here I am with no clothes that fit and trying to lose weight again. I'm not too happy about it, but I'm grateful for all the information, tracking tools and support the miracle of the internet provides.

I'm under a doctor's care for weight loss and he suggests a ketogenic diet with Paleo food choices. Neither my thyroid nor adrenals do well with ketogenic or even low carb so I'm just tracking calories/fat/protein/carbs and eating less while making sure I get some exercise every day.

Replies