I hate hummus

Options
stevepax
stevepax Posts: 86 Member
Phew, there, I'm glad that's out in the open. I hate hummus, of all flavors. I think it's a little bitter, and kinda grainy, and the mouthfeel is what I can imagine quicksand would feel like on my tongue.

That's my confession for today. Flame on, you chick-pea lovers!

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either...

What was the point of this?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love hummus.
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    hate hummus - youre right about the quicksand thing I've just never been able to put it into words before lol, thanks
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I had some tonight. The first taste reminded me of feet but it got better. If that's even possible.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Umm...Don't eat it then. I loves me some hummus!
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    i just bought my first small container of it today..... worried to try this now lol
  • OrionG
    OrionG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmm-us for hummus.... :)
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    I had some tonight. The first taste reminded me of feet but it got better. If that's even possible.

Um...WHY would you eat more of something that tastes like feet?!??? EW! :sick:
  • rcowardin
    rcowardin Posts: 1
    Options
    Rosemary garlic hummus! Yum.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I adore hummus, I could eat a whole container in one sitting :bigsmile: Good stuff
  • Sea_Siren
    Sea_Siren Posts: 4
    Options
    Umm...Don't eat it then. I loves me some hummus!

this
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love the red pepper kind. Spread it on a low fat soft shell, roll it, and heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Love it for a fast eat running out the door! Also great in celery!
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If you don't like hummus, don't eat it. Leave it for those of us who do. (What was the point of this thread, again?)
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Love the red pepper kind. Spread it on a low fat soft shell, roll it, and heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Love it for a fast eat running out the door! Also great in celery!

Or or or!!! Toasted whole wheat bread with 2 tbs roasted garlic hummus and sriracha sauce. I can eat this all dam day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm hummus.

It's ok. I hate fruit.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    WHITE BEAN HUMMUS!

The texture is creamy, not grainy at all. It's very smooth and has a great flavor (the garlic one is great)

WhiteBean-RoastedGarlic14.png
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Are we sharing food hate?

I love hummus, but I hate eggs.
  • whatev3r
    whatev3r Posts: 15
    Options
    hummus is yummus
  • mfpcharw
    mfpcharw Posts: 4
    Options
    Hummus that doesn't have enough tahini, which is also a cheaper version because more nuts = more cost, is yucky. When the tahini is flowing, its good. The only mainstream store brand I know that comes close is Sabra. Athenos and other brands are funky in comparison and definitely got the chickpea thing on overdrive.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm in LOVE with garlic hummus. I have it everyday at least one! SO delicious, but DEADLY farts!