Only 65 pounds down... not close to done

Options
ThatLadyFromMN
ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
Hello all you beautiful people, honestly I'm not quite ready to consider anything a success yet until I reach my goal, but being half way I thought... what the heck. My co-worker and I have been trying to lose weight and I was really happy with his badge photo from 2 years ago to today so I thought I would post mine. :)
atshlgd1g9ws.jpg
This one is of me exactly 2 years ago ^^^
This one is of me a couple weeks ago **below
soaex6sacqq8.jpg

I am 27 years old, 5'3" (I round up). I'm not to onederland yet but I'm getting close.

I lost my first 40 pounds doing the latin hip-hop Zumba and then graduated on to weights (another 20 pounds!)... I plateaued in my weight loss for a few months and decided to incorporate running about a month ago (goodbye 5 pounds!)... that seems to be helping. I eat a lot healthier, I count my calories... I fail miserably sometimes but then I just pick myself back up and go forward and try harder. I would very much like to lose another 70 lbs to be at the ultimate goal weight... but who knows with the heavy lifting, I might look better with a couple more lbs. We'll see when I start to get around to that zone. :) (I feel weird talking about myself so excuse the rambling)

I love to support my friends and I love the advice they give, MFP has been a great help in my journey, half way there!! :) If you need a friend, someone to call you on your BS, I'm always happy to be of help.

Replies

• Mobius71
    Mobius71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Only 65?! Great job!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options
    Thanks!! I love to lift, so while the pounds are coming off so slooooooooowly, the inches are more consistent. :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! 65lbs is a fantastic transformation. Way to go! Good luck and great job :)
  • chadisallin70
    chadisallin70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love reading these success stories. Truly inspiring...and I definitely need to be inspired on some days more than others. :)

Congrats on your achievement. Super impressive!!!
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats & keep up the hard work, it's definitely working! And 65 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at, not matter where you started.
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Way to go, beautiful! You are an inspiration! I need to add you!! I could use all the support I can get ;)
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options
    Thank you all. It's been a long road, feels like I still have so far to go sometimes, but the time is going to pass anyways so might as well do it the best way I can. :) Still feels weird to have posted here, after so many years of just reading and commenting on others.
  • mrsziegler607
    mrsziegler607 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! I struggle to lose 10! That is awesome
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! Huge difference...keep at it girl!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Def a big difference, keep it up!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great progress :) you will get to goal in no time
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great progress.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look younger/healthier/happier. Congrats!

And yes to the lifting!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Only 65 pounds? :o That is the weight of three toddlers, or one medium sized goat, or 8 full sized ducks. All of which are hard to carry. That's what I'm aiming for, a goat.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    Options
    Lol, I'm hoping to drop off another goat then!!! :D:D That's great!
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    holy crap well done!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    "ONLY 65??!" Are you kidding! Amazing - great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! You look awesome. Continued success. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!