The stubborn 20

Options
I have 20 more pounds to lose by July 16th. Since giving birth I've lost 80lbs, but these last 20 are just being stubborn! My body has toned up nicely- no excess skin or anything of the sort, but I still have a little stomach and a big booty. I'm eating a lot of protein, vegetables and fruits. The only sweet thing I eat is 2 squares 85% cocoa per day. I'm doing cardio, strength training, planks, squats...I'm 5'10 and ranging between 165lbs-170lbs. Give me some pointers please to help me get these last 20 off!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming a day?
  • luvsubrooke
    luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I eat it ranges between 1200-2000. I eat mostly raw foods so it's hard to get all of the calories I need without completely stuffing myself. If I need extra I'll eat some almonds.
  • juggernaut1974
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Depending on what I eat it ranges between 1200-2000.

Well there you go then. That's an awfully big range.

Weight loss isn't about 'raw' or 'sweet things' or 'cardio'. It's about eating less calories than you consume.

Weigh/measure and log everything that goes into your mouth.

Figure out, via trial and error, how many calories you need per day to lose weight at a reasonable rate (.5-1 lb per week) and eat that many each day.
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    I thought 2.5lbs per week was a reasonable weight? That's what I was losing consistently for months and now that I'm leaning out nothing. Maybe I need to decrease the calories I'm eating? I feel like going under 1200 is unhealthy.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    I thought 2.5lbs per week was a reasonable weight? That's what I was losing consistently for months and now that I'm leaning out nothing. Maybe I need to decrease the calories I'm eating? I feel like going under 1200 is unhealthy.

Not with as little as you have to lose.

You don't need to necessarily decrease them per se...just get a better handle on what you should be eating.

For example, if you find your sweet spot is 1500 per day (as an example)...all those days you're eating more than that, you're being counterproductive.

And honestly, if you aren't measuring and logging what you're eating, it's quite possible you're eating a lot more calories than you think you are.
  • luvsubrooke
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh no, I'm definitely logging every single thing I put into my mouth. So far today I'm at 1400 and I'm absolutely stuffed. But I ate 12 egg whites and a boat load of vegetables and fruits. I literally can't eat anymore lol I'll get my cardio in and that'll burn around 600, and then I'll lift. I think my body burns 1600 (according to my height and weight) by doing absolutely nothing during the day, so that'd put me at 800 more calories burnt than taken in?
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What are you using to measure cardio burn? The machines and myfitnesspal heavily over estimate the calories burned. I would only eat half back if that.

And are you breastfeeding? Sometimes losing the last 10-20 pounds is hard until baby stops the breast.
  • luvsubrooke
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My Nordic track treadmill calculates the calories based off of my height and weight. I run 6-12 miles per day though so I'm positive I'm not over calculating lol and nope, not breastfeeding. Hypothyroid though so that makes everything difficult!