Midway through my weightloss journey. :)

My name is melissa... I'm a 33 year old mommy and i work full time and i've reached this very awful plateau that i've been stuck at for the last few months. After reading alot and trying to figure out why, one of the recommendations was to use this site to track my calories and get support... so here i am.

When i started i was 235lbs. Right now i'm at 161 and my goal is 130. I'm looking forward to making friends and helping encourage everyone to keep moving forward.

:smiley:

Replies

• lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Congratulations on your progress! Don't forget to celebrate how far you've come! Plateau's suck, I've managed to bust a few on my way down, but they've only lasted a few weeks. Months long ones must be super frustrating. Whats worked for me is varying my workout routines and the makeup of my diet. After being stuck for 2 weeks I reduced my cardio by about 20%, and increased my weight lifting (added major muscle moves; squats & deadlifts). At the same time I INCREASED my calories about 10%, but shifted my protein up, and reduced carbs. I had to add protein powder to get this mix to work.

My theory is that your body gets used to things, and if you mix it up your body will respond in new ways.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Are you tracking other factors such as body fat and/or inches? The closer you get to your goal, the harder/slower it can be to lose weight. And especially if you're building muscle, you might be getting smaller even though you're weight stays the same.

Why is your goal 130? Sometimes it helps to set goals around other measurements and track those for awhile, then see where your weight lands.