Correct Config -> MFP + Fitbit + Garmin Connect

Options
RossGoodman
RossGoodman Posts: 5 Member
I am using MFP to log my food only.
I have linked my Fitbit where my steps and weight are logged.
I have just linked my Garmin Connect .......

When I go for a run I wear both my FitBit and my Garmin watch.
Will this "double count" the Garmin exercise and the FitBit steps for the same period or is it "clever enough" to know that they happened at the same time?

Thanks

Ross

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Easiest way for you to check is after your Garmin exercise syncs to MFP, log into your Fitbit Dashboard and see if you see an exercise log from MFP in the Activities log. If you do then it's all communicating and there's no double counting. If you don't, then there might be a problem.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I am using MFP to log my food only.
    I have linked my Fitbit where my steps and weight are logged.
    I have just linked my Garmin Connect .......

When I go for a run I wear both my FitBit and my Garmin watch.
    Will this "double count" the Garmin exercise and the FitBit steps for the same period or is it "clever enough" to know that they happened at the same time?

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

It'll take trial & error to find what works for you, but I would connect the Garmin to Fitbit, and Fitbit to MFP.
  • RossGoodman
    RossGoodman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    It'll take trial & error to find what works for you, but I would connect the Garmin to Fitbit, and Fitbit to MFP.

Yes - that seems like a more logical was to have everything wired up.
    I have it configured that way now - I'll check the numbers after my next run.

Thanks