Can I eat chipotle and still lose weight?

Options
If so do you have any suggestions on what to get there.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to find the chipotle menu online and plan out what sounds best to you :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you eat at a deficit still yes, if you eat too much then no.

http://chipotle.com/nutrition-calculator
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Only if you buy this:

latest?cb=20100317074055

Sorry couldn't resist!

As far as suggestions- look at their menu and choose something that fits into your calorie goal.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I eat half or less at a time.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat less calories then you burn you can eat everything you like.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Everything in moderation. I eat half or less at a time.

I've only gone once since counting calories and spread the salad over 2 meals... Portions are huge & calories to match! Salad was over 700 calories (whaaa? Ok - I did have cheese, sour cream, and guacamole...). Their site has a cool calorie calculator, based on what you get for toppings, etc. - helps with pre-planning.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Avoid the chips and tortillas, they have the most calories.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get the build your own kid tacos. Much lower calorie and tastes just the same.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    No. If you eat Chipotle even one time, you will never ever lose weight for as long as you live, ever.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My only issue with Chipotle or any other restaurant is that, unless you bring your scale, and have them weight each component by the gram, you don't really know how many calories you are eating. A serving of rice may be calculated at a half cup but they might spoon a full cup into your bowl. I eat Chipotle when I know I can afford extra calories so I don't worry too much that I've compromised my progress.
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I eat there often and have lost almost 3 lbs a week on average. I get light brown rice, chicken, mild salsa, corn and extra lettuce.
  • bhawk102
    bhawk102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you go with a salad it's fine. I think it's best to forego the tortilla. I'd say do chicken or steak, barbacoa has more sodium in it. Pinto beans give you a lot of fiber. You can even split up your salad for the day too.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    bhawk102 wrote: »
    If you go with a salad it's fine. I think it's best to forego the tortilla. I'd say do chicken or steak, barbacoa has more sodium in it. Pinto beans give you a lot of fiber. You can even split up your salad for the day too.

Why forego anything if it fits in to the OPs calorie and macronutritional goals? Why is salad fine? Are salad calories different in some way?

Why arbitary rules about what can and can't be eaten?

OP. Make sensible choices, choose whatever you like that fits in to your daily calorie and macronutritional goals.
  • shrez
    shrez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    No. If you eat Chipotle even one time, you will never ever lose weight for as long as you live, ever.

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did :)
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I never ate at Chipotle :(
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten there (none close to me) but I do eat out all the time and still lose weight.

As long as you are in a deficit, you'll lose weight.
  • jocey517
    jocey517 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get a salad with lettuce, chicken and extra mild salasa (which serves as the dressing) - i do not use their salad dressing and this is only 240 calories - but filling:)
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I eat there once a week. I get a veggie burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, hot salsa, corn salsa, lettuce, and shredded cheese. Sometimes I get their spicy tofu on top as well. It's quite filling, so I usually only eat half for lunch one day, then eat the other half the next day. I also avoid the chips because they are too high in calories for my goal.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    One thing to note is that even if you stay within your calorie goals, food at Chipotle contains an enormous amount of sodium--you may experience some water retention due to that.