How many chicken tenders = 3oz???

Options
kellch
kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
I HATE it when the bags show 3oz.......why can't they just say 3 tenders or 5 tenders or what ever they are......argh!! :explode:

LOL

If anyone knows......I'm referring to Tyson Chicken Tenders (buffalo style).....(I was rushing for dinner and had 5 of them LOL)

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Because they're not all going to weigh the same.
  • Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Best to invest in a scale and weight EVERYTHING! It's much easier lol, but I would guess about 1.5 tenders would be around 3 but that is just a guess.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A full package has 13 servings of 3 ounces each. The total package should be 39 ounces.

How many were in the entire package?

If there were 13 pieces then each piece is 3 oz. or 1 serving.

I would guess its more like 5 pieces is 1 1/2 - 2 servings.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    As many as your kitchen scale says? lol
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    1oz is 28g so weight them!
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I HATE it when the bags show 3oz.......why can't they just say 3 tenders or 5 tenders or what ever they are......argh!! :explode:

LOL

If anyone knows......I'm referring to Tyson Chicken Tenders (buffalo style).....(I was rushing for dinner and had 5 of them LOL)

If you had a scale, you would know.
    Now you are left to play the guessing game.
    :smokin:
  • kellch
    Options
    I don't have a scale :angry:

Oh well...good thing I only had 3 (didn't eat 2 of the ones I packed) :bigsmile: And I had a good workout :drinker:

Everything in moderation right :tongue:

P.S. I work 3rd shift so my dinners are at 12am :glasses:
  • kellch
    Options
    Because they're not all going to weigh the same.

Well they should :angry:

:laugh: JK

I did some research online and the ones I had were actually Banquet :glasses: It's 5 per serving for those :drinker: so I didn't even have a full serving :smile: And on the side was fruit (strawberries) and veggies (green beans) Sooooo not too bad for a rush meal :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    Options
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options

That baby is too cute to have a Mama with an angry face. Fo' realz.

Just invest in a scale. That will save you lots of trouble. Don't be mad at us.
    When I started weighing my food, I found out that even a little bit of raw onion (or what I thought was such a tiny portion that it was no portion at all) had calories. Ain't that a ...
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

When I started weighing my food, I found out that even a little bit of raw onion (or what I thought was such a tiny portion that it was no portion at all) had calories. Ain't that a ...

QFT. I found that I was way under-estimating portion size on some stuff and way OVER-estimating on other stuff; a scale is all of $15 and will really take the guesswork out of your eating. You should see results faster because you won't have to deal with the guesswork fudge-factor. You'll wonder how you got along without it!
  • kellch
    Options

LOL was just kidding :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I know...I did this before without a scale...I still lost weight just probably not as fast as I could have:laugh: I measured the servings that were cups and tsp/tbsp/etc...just never weighed anything...I kind of estimated like they said a serving is the size of a deck of cards...etc. Maybe not the best way but it still worked and I was very close...close enuf to lose my 40lbs. And then I just fell off the whole thing when I went thru some really rough times. But that's all over and I'm ready to get back to it. :drinker: