Starting a new job next week

Options
I am starting a new job next week (I've been unemployed for a couple of years) and I'm thinking of going into maintenance until the end of the month so that I can have an easier time adjusting to a different eating schedule and to a different activity level. Thoughts on the matter? Suggestions?

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! For me getting a new job, moving to a new place, finding a new love, or changing anything else in life usually means I am loosing weight :) But I know some people prefer to change one thing at a time. Just see how the first week goes and then decide...
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    What is your activity level going to be? What about the schedule?

I typically just jump right in and change things up immediately to meet my calorie goals. I tend to be more strict in times of change as to not fall off the wagon completely.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am going to be active, but I'm not sure about the schedule yet. I thought I would just set myself to maintenance calories at this activity level for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow, and then up my activity level on MFP once I got past the training days. I have another 10 pounds to go before I hit normal weight/BMI for my height and another 20 before I hit my goal, so I don't want to stay on maintenance--but I want to be sure that I have a little buffer to work on the timing of my meals for my new schedule.
  • AmberLee3247
    AmberLee3247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job :) Just do your best, but I agree it's probably good to focus on training.