Good Low Cal "Diet" Foods?

Options
holly55555
holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
I love finding lower calorie alternatives that actually taste really good.

Von's Eating Right frozen meals are great and they have high protein variations. I'm not much of a cook so I like frozen (and portioned controlled) options.

I also love Skinny Cow's ice cream and desserts. They taste just as good as any other ice cream bar but way less calories.

Oh and Lean Cuisine's mini pizzas are so good! Their meals tend to be hit or miss for me, but the pizzas are always great, pretty high in protein and low in cals for what you're getting.

What other lower calorie foods do you like that taste just as good?

Replies

• daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    ski or solei yoghurts, no fat and minimal sugar.. good for a snack :smiley:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    holly55555 wrote: »

Von's Eating Right frozen meals are great and they have high protein variations. I'm not much of a cook so I like frozen (and portioned controlled) options.

I also love Skinny Cow's ice cream and desserts. They taste just as good as any other ice cream bar but way less calories.

Oh and Lean Cuisine's mini pizzas are so good! Their meals tend to be hit or miss for me, but the pizzas are always great, pretty high in protein and low in cals for what you're getting.

I convinced myself of this for a while too.... Until I snapped back in to reality and just ate the real stuff in moderation
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of beef jerkey. Not certain if it qualifies as low cal but I really enjoy it.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I really like PB2 instead of peanut butter. Its very similar in things like sauces and smoothies, and although many people would disagree with me, I think it's great on toast, especially if you use warm almond milk to mix it instead of cold water.

I don't eat dairy anymore, but when I did, I always used fat free greek yogurt in place of sour cream.

I like to go for the real stuff when it's a favourite (chocolate anything, for example), but I find a lot of the things I eat are just out of habit, and switching to lower calorie versions doesn't reduce my enjoyment of eating at all.

Just don't give me sugar free chocolate. Ever.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I convinced myself of this for a while too.... Until I snapped back in to reality and just ate the real stuff in moderation

I dunno...those Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches from Skinny Cow are off the chain. I would take them over a lot of flavors of the premium stuff.

I quite like Applegate uncured hot dogs. They taste so much better than any hot dog I've had...like actual meat and seasoning. And they're lower in fat and calories (even the beef ones!) so a hot dog on a nice soft bun with a few toppings can be just over 200 calories.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

I buy both regular and Skinny Cow ice cream and I honestly like them both? The only reason I still buy fatty ice cream is because my favorite is cookie dough and Skinny Cow doesn't have that flavor. But for the items they do have, I feel like they taste the exact same as full-cal versions anyway.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.

I'm a fan of Dannon Light & Fit since it's only 80 calories and 12-13g protein whereas others are 120-200 cals for the same amount of protein.