If you have wide shoulders and a larger upper chest can that ever shrink?

I have a larger upper body, and I was wondering if I lose the weight will your shoulder decrease or does the body build always stay the same. Not trying to sound stupid. Serious question. (:

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am the same. My shoulders never decreased no matter how light or heavy was I. If my pants are size S, then my tops are size L... If my tops are size M, my pants are XS... :(
  • RedRaven49
    RedRaven49 Posts: 52 Member
    Well, obviously the actual bone won't shrink. Any fat around the area will disappear, and assuming you're doing strength training too, the muscle will become more defined. It can change the shape quite a bit, but it varies from person to person.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    You'll lose fat from all over... overall, your shoulder measurement will decrease as you lose fat from that and other areas. You'll be smaller but maintain your overall body type. It's kind of like being a certain body shape - "apples" will always put on fat around their waist, thighs, back for example. You can lose weight but the places you put on fat if you gain back will always be the same. Genetics also play a huge roll. There are people who have large upper bodies but never seem to decrease their breast size while for others, the breast is the first to shrink.

I don't know if this answered your question.. I'm sure someone else will have a better answer but this is the best way I can explain what I think. :)