paleo?

Options
13»

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Paleolithic people ate tubers and veggies which no longer exist. They also engaged in cannibalism. Good luck with that!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I feel amazing since going Paleo. Honestly I can't remember the last time I felt so good. The diet makes so much sense. Its going back to what man is supposed to eat and what he has eaten for centuries. All this processed crap people eat loses a significant amount of its nutrition during processing. Did you know people a few thousand years ago lived to age 700? Everything they ate was organic/unprocessed food that we are supposed to be eating.

Um. You're kidding, right? If you're not kidding, I'd love to see some sources. Like archaeological, or biological anthropology (I think that's the right term, but I can't quite recall.) On second thought, "archeology" isn't right. Maybe it's paleontology?

No, you were right with archaeology (and biological anthropology, also called bioarchaeology). Though fossilised early human and pre-human remains can also fall under paleontology (paleoanthropology). It gets a bit confusing (and that's coming from an archaeologist!). And no, there is no evidence of any humans ever having lived to 700 years old.
  • barrelroll1
    barrelroll1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Paleolithic people ate tubers and veggies which no longer exist. They also engaged in cannibalism. Good luck with that!

Not all Paleolithic people engaged in cannibalism....and who cares if there are tubers and veggies that don't exist anymore? There are plenty of veggies from back then that are still around today. I think you're taking the name of the diet to an extreme. To follow the Paleo diet you don't have to live in a cave or hunt animals with a spear. Its simply eating the basic foods our distant ancestors ate. Lean meat, fruit, nuts, vegetables, eggs, etc. Not all this processed garbage.
  • barrelroll1
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I feel amazing since going Paleo. Honestly I can't remember the last time I felt so good. The diet makes so much sense. Its going back to what man is supposed to eat and what he has eaten for centuries. All this processed crap people eat loses a significant amount of its nutrition during processing. Did you know people a few thousand years ago lived to age 700? Everything they ate was organic/unprocessed food that we are supposed to be eating.

Um. You're kidding, right? If you're not kidding, I'd love to see some sources. Like archaeological, or biological anthropology (I think that's the right term, but I can't quite recall.) On second thought, "archeology" isn't right. Maybe it's paleontology?

No, you were right with archaeology (and biological anthropology, also called bioarchaeology). Though fossilised early human and pre-human remains can also fall under paleontology (paleoanthropology). It gets a bit confusing (and that's coming from an archaeologist!). And no, there is no evidence of any humans ever having lived to 700 years old.

According to the most historically accurate book in existence people did live to be 700+ years. Thats enough evidence for me.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Oh, thank you!

I'm aware of the creationist view that man's lifespan before the Flood was hundreds of years, but I thought that was attributed to the thick (mist canopy?) layer protecting the earth from radiation from space. It came down with the rain, I think I remember, which is why lifespans decreased afterward. (Kind of like today's concern about the ozone layer.) It's one explanation for long lifespans and the larger size of animal and plant fossils.

Some people have used those pre-flood lifespans to argue in favor of vegan eating. I've never heard it used to argue for paleo before. In the biblical account, meat eating didn't start until after the flood.

I was asking about physical evidence. Thanks for your professional answer.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

According to the most historically accurate book in existence people did live to be 700+ years. Thats enough evidence for me.

Which book are you referring to?
  • barrelroll1
    Options

Which book are you referring to?

The Bible