breastfeeding n weight losd

How do I drop pounds without dropping my milk supply..?

Replies

• reese00s
    reese00s Posts: 15 Member
    Make sure you eat enough and take in enough fluids. I was tracking with ww when I was nursing and that site gave you an extra 500 calories per day. I was fine w that, drinking enough and working out. But if I dipped below my supply would drop (i personally could not get anywhere near 1200 calories per day).
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    I'm breastfeeding my 4 month old and my supply has been fine. I've lost 34 pounds in the past 3 months (but I had a lot of weight to lose). I set MFP to lose 1 pound a week and then eat back half of exercise calories and 300-500 calories a day extra for breastfeeding. I usually eat about 2000 calories a day. I also weigh and measure my food so I know how much I'm eating. I drink a lot of water as well. I think everyone is different so if your milk supply seems to go down, then start eating a little bit more or if you find you aren't losing weight, then eat a little less.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    tasiacorea wrote: »
    How do I drop pounds without dropping my milk supply..?
    Losing weight can be a much slower process while breastfeeding for some. I'm logging my calories, but that's it I'm not stopping at a certain number. I usually end up eating about 2000-2300 calories a day. I have been going to the gym 4 days a week on average and I lost a lb in the last month...that's it. I'm 5'5 and I notice if my calories go too much below 1900 my milk supply does drop.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    I noticed that when I increases my oatmeal intake it helped my milk supply... I also made homemade lactation cookies to help
  • tasiacorea
    tasiacorea Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you ladies
  • tasiacorea
    tasiacorea Posts: 3 Member
    emmoen wrote: »
    I noticed that when I increases my oatmeal intake it helped my milk supply... I also made homemade lactation cookies to help
    Okay I'm gonna try eating oatmeal thank u