Need Help, motivation!!!!!

Hi! I need motivation.. Had a Drs visit today and this is a MUST! All labs are pointing to pre-diabetic.. Cholesterol is sky high, dangerously high! I am on an 1100 calorie diet now... I need help! Positive attitudes!!

Replies

• foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Shellie You did good to go to your Doc and identify physical problems related to your weight. MFP is the last best tool to get a handle on and get your weight under control. If you haven't already, set up your MFP membership account. MFP will take into account your height, age weight and suggest a daily calorie intake for you depending on your goals. I'm at 1210 cals per day. If you can form the habit of accurately weighing, (invest in a good food scale) measuring and logging all of your food into your MFP food diary you're mostly there. And, best of all, you can eat foods that you love so long as you can fit them into your cal count. I like to make sure I get all the protein and fiber that MFP suggests in my diary as it keeps me from feeling hungry.

I just had my cholesterol checked and it was down to 172, down from 340 a few years ago. That's the lowest it's ever been in my life. I read these posts every day and not only are they informative and inspiring but also entertaining. People here are quite willing to share their success here and you will enjoy this site.

• shelliemadden633
    shelliemadden633 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you so much! I have found it to be quite easy to log in and manage my calorie intake.. Today has been rough, I'm not going to lie, but I am going to stick with it because this is my life!!
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Sounds like you are off to a good start. We all have rough days and you don't have to be perfect at this. But don't give up if you slip up. Just start new every morning. Oh and remember to log even on vacations and trips. That's a lesson I learned the hard way. Good luck, hope to see you on these boards.
  • LisaDuclo
    LisaDuclo Posts: 1 Member
    Shellie, I too was pre diabetic and 50 lbs overweight. I started in March with watching my diet and exercising. I lost 10 lbs. I bought a Garmin Vivofit and downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and have lost another 10 lbs. I just had my blood work checked and I'm no longer a high risk for diabetes. I set the Vivofit to 10,000 steps a day and it's been easy to achieve. I've had a few set backs with catching a cold, etc but generally can stay on track. I've got another 30 lbs to go but it's easier than ever with the tools we have today. Good luck! You can do it!