mistikal13 wrote: »
    :/

:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Anything I need to do other than drop to a low body fat percentage and work on them?

Flattering lighting and proper swelfie technique...

ETA: Language warning!

LOL!! Love it! I think I'd need more than a good swelfie, but I'll subscribe for the "Bro-tips!"

Basically you nailed it, dropping BF% and working out is the solution, I recommend compound lifts-Deadlifts, Squats etc to strengthen your core. You can do isolation work but high reps tend to be an endurance exercise as opposed to making your abs pop (hypertrophy), so add resistance and keep the reps low. Hope that helps.

ETA: I have achieved visible abs in the past, sadly they are currently hiding after a 3 month sabbitical after a bulk and now I have to take time off of lifting due to illness but this is what I achieved with no isolation work just compound lifts and lowering of BF%

hSumAS4.jpg

Also I find the title of this thread misleading in the sense that yes (visible) abs can be easy but the path to achieving them is about execution and consistency. An analogy I would like to use is a backward somersault: seems pretty straight forward in theory, jump up, tuck in flip backwards and land on feet. But the execution is not so easy, it requires practice and persistence and lastly the shape you are currently in plays an integral role.

And just when I was thinking about adding some (hated) isolation work to my routine. You give me hope.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Why does he only text me after 10 pm?

Because wife.

I was thinking the same thing. There is another female. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!