new to weight loss. Am I on the right track?

Options
I'm a very driven person when it comes to achieving my goals. I want to loss weight but do so in a healthy way and still have energy to do my physically demanding job. I've cut of unhealthy habits such as alcohol, red meats, and saturated foods. For the last week I have had the same meal plan that consists of mostly veggies, nuts, whole wheat things, and fiber juices. I have been putting time away to excersize after work to make sure I'm burning more calories. Any suggestions or opinions if I'm on the right track?

Replies

• keithverhaeghe34
    keithverhaeghe34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty determined to be as accurate as possible in calorie counting. Following the goal set to me by this app and shooting to be below that to ensure weight loss
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Giving up foods is not required to lose weight.

Healthy vs healthy is subjective. I don't consider a glass of wine or a cocktail after a hard day unhealthy.

you need protein so might want to consider that.

Get a food scale, weigh solids, measure liquids, log everything accurately and consistently and stay in a reasonable deficit...

Exercise is good but ensure you are eating back some of those burned calories to ensure you are getting in enough nutrition and energy for your next exercise day.

Watch what entries you choose...I see yesterday you logged 4 oz of chicken at 100 calories...nope.

4oz of chicken is 113.4 grams which means you ate at least 247 calories for that chicken
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy means something different to everyone and everyone's weight loss goals and choices are different. Like PU 239, I consider saturated fat and red meat (pasture raised) to be healthy. And like Sezxy, I like the occasional glass of wine, too.

That said, in looking at your diary, if it were me, I'd try to lower the amount of sugars consumed by quite a bit. I'd also up the protein and fat a little while cutting the carbs and processed foods.

It sounds like your job is active and you're working out so don't try to go too low in calories as it might not be sustainable and it might lead to greater muscle loss over fat loss.

I question both your's and SezxyStef's calculation of the chicken calories. What type of chicken was it? Is the 4oz the raw or cooked weight? I usually weigh 4 oz of raw boneless skinless chicken breast and, based on calorieking and nutrition data calorie counters, call it 125 cal.