Just need motivation

I'm 17 years old and am having trouble keeping motivated. Some words of encouragement could very much appreciated.

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    You don't 'get' motivation. Motivation is present in all of us. You have to find yours. I didn't find mine until I turned 40. I guess you could say this is my mid life crisis, and I'm embracing it! I love it and only wish I had started earlier. I surround myself with positive people and spend a lot of time reading and watching YouTube videos and planning how I can eat and train in the right way to reach my goal of being stronger both mentally and physically. I listen to motivational videos on YouTube too. Elliot Hulse may go off on wild flights of fancy and I don't agree with everything but you can't doubt his enthusiasm. Look him up on YouTube.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    +1 on Elliot Hulse, very motivational.
    He does have some slightly fanciful ideas at times (in my totally unqualified opinion,) but I'd still highly recommend his videos for motivation.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    You have to be 18 years or older to use this site; check out the link the first commenter posted.

But otherwise, yes, you need to find your own motivation; you are doing this for you, not anyone else, so ultimately the motivation has to come from you, rather than relying on other people. Try out some new things; new healthy foods, new exercises such as running or hooping and find something you enjoy, as I have always found that to be motivational.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    You can add me if you like.