great muscle gain solution

Options
Add olive oil to your protein shake, great fat that helps build muscle+ search it yourself

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Oil doesn't build muscle. Only protein builds muscle. You can inject oil (synthol) to simulate muscle gain though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRYb6unoi2o

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Olive oil? Muscles?

Oliveoyl_2739.jpg
  • dmb0011
    dmb0011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I smell *kitten*, protein shakes are a waste of money anyway, very far away from being a health food
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    dmb0011 wrote: »
    I smell *kitten*, protein shakes are a waste of money anyway, very far away from being a health food

How would you define healthy?

How are they a waste of money? It's pretty cheap per shake; they're also convenient to get protein on the go.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Add olive oil to your protein shake, great fat that helps build muscle+ search it yourself

so if I eat olive oil in a deficit I will build muscle and have massive gainz????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    dmb0011 wrote: »

oh I smell it too ..and it is coming from the bolded part….
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Oil is just fat and thus just calories. Sure if you have all your micros and met your protein requirements and you just want the calories then by all means go for it. I would rather add carbs and fat than just straight fat since carbs fuel my heavy workouts.

As for the shake issue, well they are suppliments and aren't food per se IMO but they fill a need and work if you aren't getting enough protein otherwise. I'm trying to cut down on the suppliments I take, particularly shakes and bars, but that doesn't mean that others won't find them useful in the role of a suppliment.